Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do I increase neck girth?

frorider6

Okay, maybe this should be on the training board, but this place gets more traffic and I really need the info for this.

I need to increase my neck "girth". Not my trap size, but the actual diameter of my neck. I'm going into the Army and am already way above my allowed weight (I'm 6'2" currently 225 lbs but will probably be above 230 on my ship date. Max allowed is 211 for my height). This is okay as long as my bodyfat is low, which it is. But they don't use the caliper method. They use a tape measure and get a ratio between neck and waist size. I have around 11% bf right now but when I was taped last week it measured me at about 16-18%. I'm allowed to be as high as 24% but I don't want to be even close.

I'm not so concerned with my waist size as I'm increasing my cardio and know how to drop the inches there. I need to know how to increase the inches around my neck.

try doing like..neck curls..or have someone push on your forehead, side, and back of your head while u push up..this will strengthen your neck as well as add some size..when that gets to easy ..hold a weight and push that up.

I don't know if you have this at your gym but at my gym they have a thing that you can attach to your head and put weights on it and move your head up and down. it looks sort of wierd but it probally works. Does anyone know what this thing is called

neck girth

As a football player neck strength is very important...if your gym does not have the proper machinery for neck "curls" then you can do other things. If it does i can point you in the right direction.

I superset my "curls" 3 supersets total with heavy weight. It is important to do proper form and stretch before.

you do a set to both sides --> "no" motion or lateral atlas rotation
and then do a set for the up and down motion or superior and inferior atlas rotation. do as many as you can as the neck is not used to the work load of heavier weight. My neck is thick for a younger guy 18" and i only do these sporadically in conjuction with shoulder work.

b.A.

Dude you can get a waiver for your Wieght, the Docs at MEPS will not argue with you about your BF% when you can see abs popping out. Just get shredded before you go and if they measure you just argue and talk to the Commander .

Trust me if you are 225 and ripped they will in no way justify saying you are over 22% BF. which is the max allowed BF%.

Yah I am 5'9 210-215. They said my bodyfat was 21% by neck-waist measurments. But I have thick middle. The guy just looked at me and said you're OK go on.

At the time I was 195 max wieght was 184. No problem. My abs were visible then though. Not now, but soon to be again.
Have fun Hooha!

BigMarc1 said:
Dude you can get a waiver for your Wieght, the Docs at MEPS will not argue with you about your BF% when you can see abs popping out. Just get shredded before you go and if they measure you just argue and talk to the Commander .

Trust me if you are 225 and ripped they will in no way justify saying you are over 22% BF. which is the max allowed BF%.

Yah I am 5'9 210-215. They said my bodyfat was 21% by neck-waist measurments. But I have thick middle. The guy just looked at me and said you're OK go on.

At the time I was 195 max wieght was 184. No problem. My abs were visible then though. Not now, but soon to be again.
Have fun Hooha!

Yeah, you can see my abs, although they're not reall that inpressive right now. Hopefully the amount of cardio I'm doing (plus a bit of Fina) will add weight AND cut me up enough that the docs won't argue.

I like the synthol idea though. Get my neck about 28 inches, so by their chart I actually have negative body fat. :D

neck curls like mentioned above. heavy squatting and deadlifting will also give you a boost on your neck (in addition to the traps).

Top Bottom