Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to adapt clothes to changing physique?

Bresian

Hi guys! I have a clothing problem – I change sizeso often, that I already got tired of buying new clothes all thetime. How do you deal with this problem – what kind of clothes toyou wear?

My solution is simple – I got several sets of clothes, some for when I am big, others for when I am slimmer. Ideally you want to keep a constant kind of size, but it is hard to do at times, especially if you wear tight clothes. So either try to focus on keeping the same size, or get a couple of sets for different body sizes.

I have shorts and pants that range from 28 waist to 33.. so i am covered
also belts help..

as far as shirts same thing. have a couple sizes.

with suits though this is a problem and in that case it doesn't make economic sense to buy suits in various sizes. so you would probably need to have them tailored each time you have an event

I've always brought trousers or shorts with a bigger waist than I need. My legs, while not huge, and working out - so squats and leg presses etc mean that I need the room in the leg and butt.

And although I own a few stretchy and tight fit style shirts most of my tops and t-shirts are roomy. I'm usually a XXL and occasionally an XXXL. At my heaviest I was 299.6lbs and sit at 280 plus or minus a few pounds.

Plus I've never been one of those guys (or almost never) who wears stuff to 'show of my muscles'. I used to tease a fella we called BT Bob (cos he worked for a telecommunications company here called BT (British Telecom)) about taking him shopping for t-shirts cos he couldn't have been more than a 40-inch chest and his tops were mega tight and I was a 50+ chest and wore my tops loose.

Steve's right about suits though. I'm loath to throw mine away but I've two I can't wear again until I get under 260lbs and even the biggest feels snug on my upper and lower arms. The style for the last few years is for a slimmer fit and I'm just not slim lol

One trick is to buy slacks / trousers and a blazer - suit like but not necessarily matching. Or, as I've done, buy big and get them adjusted by a tailor

Check out consignment stores. You can buy gently used clothes that are pretty much brand new for next to nothing. You can also sell clothes that no longer fit and make some money off them.

Yeah, I guess I could sell them as you say, Muskate. Do you know by chance of any brand whose clothes fit well on a muscular guy? I work in a semi-official environment, so I can not be there in builder trousers and the likes....

I get mine either tailor made, or my wife adapts them to my size - she is really good with all the tailoring.

Yeah, I guess I could sell them as you say, Muskate. Do you know by chance of any brand whose clothes fit well on a muscular guy? I work in a semi-official environment, so I can not be there in builder trousers and the likes....

Check out the designers J. Lindenberg and Rag and Bone.

They are my two favourite designers.

They're European designers so they have a slim fit and are made for guys with a muscular build.

I am the same as Steve. I have clothes from when I have been all different sizes so I just swap them out depending on what my goals are at that time.

Top Bottom