Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Homemade ECA

TheRide

So, now that ephedra is banned how about this idea:

The age old ECA stack.

Ephedra - Primatine Tablets 12.5mg Ephdra HCI
Cafeen - Cafeen pills
Asprin - Asprin 5

Does anyone know the correct ratios for each substance?? Any feedback on the idea?

E/C/A : 30mg Ephedrine (1 tab)
200mg Caffeine (Pro Plus)
300mg Asprin (1 tab)

Wrongun!

I always liked a 1:10:10 ratio.

So 25mg Ephedrine, 250mg Caffeine (split the tabs), 250mg Asprin (split the pill)

The original formula amounted to 1 20mg ephedrine + 1 200mg caffeine pill + 1 aspirin. That is the ratio that Bill Phillips for one popularized with his supplement books. The weird thing though is I've never actually seen a 20mg ephedrine pill.

I hate to break it to you though guys, but from day one the aspirin has been a myth. Aspirin added to ephedrine and caffeine has absolutely zero positive effects (unless you're in pain), and in fact has several negative effects. The reason it's touted as part of the stack is that once upon a time somebody theorized that aspirin would potentiate the effects of ephedrine and caffeine, and for whatever reason it caught on. Then the original tests of ECA included aspirin and showed fat loss results, and from then on the myth had legs. There have since been studies which show better results without the aspirin and zero which show a benefit.

Isn't the purpose of asprin to thin the blood? Thats my thought, since ECA generally raises blood pressure quite a bit.

aspirin helps speed the delivery. That is the purpose of a burner stack.

RADAR

Here's an excerpt from the first site I Googled:

Aspirin was first added to the stack about 11 years ago by two scientists at the department of medicine at Harvard Medical School. Until this day this addition has been very controversial. It was added to supposedly increase thermogenesis. On paper, it all seems to work out, but this still has suprisingly never been proven to work in scientific studies. Some scientists even caution against adding aspirin to the stack because of serious complications associated with long-term use. Most people are unaware that aspirin is a double-edged sword. Some of its side-effects worth noting include dizziness, dimness of vision, acute reversable hepatotoxicity, thinning of blood, skin rash, gastrointestinal upset, and decreased plasma iron concentration.

Will Brink also initially proposed the 20 mg of epedrine ratio. Here is what he said (notice also he mentioned a study which was partially responsible for giving the aspirin myth legs, and mentions that he has doubts about the aspirin):

The combination of ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin (AKA the ECA stack) has been shown repeatedly in the research to dramatically improve fat loss in people who exercise. Many active people who have added this potent thermogenic combination of ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin, are able to reduce their bodyfat, while maintaining hard earned muscle. Personally, I am not convinced the A is needed in the EC stack to be effective or is even needed. I am no condoning sitting on your behind and using the ECA stack to lose weight, but it appears the ECA stack does work on lazy non exercising people as well at active people. A study done by Peak Wellness lab in Greenwich CT, used the ECA stack with people under non exercising conditions (i.e. couch potatoes). The study-which was given as a Poster Presentation at 97 American College of Nutrition Conference (abstracts #115-116) -found that even people who did not exercise experienced almost a ten pound fat loss in six weeks from taking 20mg of ephedrine, 200mg of caffeine, and 325mg of aspirin three times day. So what does this all tell us? If the ECA combination works this well on couch pot......err sedentary people, imagine what it can do for people who get up off the couch and kick some butt in the gym. Don't take this information to mean you should not exercise Lisa!

Thanks to everyone and their input.

My next question in this is - how ofter/dose per day should you take it???? Or is it a MG/day basis between the 3 substances?

Thanks again.

Top Bottom