Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Home Blood pressure monitor

gonelifting

Elite Mentur
EF VIP
Can anyone suggest a good one? Is $100 a good price? I really don`t want to pay over $150 but I do want a quality one I guess.

Anything I should look for? The wrist ones, or any special features? If I could get one for $50, even better, but I`ll pay more if I have to for quality.

I've got an Omron 773 (OM773), good quality, easy to use but a bit expensive. It cost me £77.95 (that's approx. $140), you'll probably be able to find it cheaper in the US. The Omron M5i is a bit cheaper and also looks a decent buy however it uses a wrist band pressure monitor and I've read that you can get inaccurate results from these (you need to elevate your wrist so that it's level with your heart when you take a reading).

I personally recommend an upper arm pressure band monitor, it's tried and tested (wrist monitors haven't been around that long). Check you can get an extra large arm pressure band, as I don't think they had a bodybuilders arm size in mind when designing them. :p

hey sigmund where do you pick one of those blood pressure monitors up????

wootoom said:
hey sigmund where do you pick one of those blood pressure monitors up????

Any pharmancy,or drug store has them-hell i've even seen them at Wal-Mart, Get the inflatable arm band type. Mine ran 69.98

RADAR

I got my Omron HEM-637 wrist heart monitor on ebay last month for around $50. The wrist monitors are supposedly not as accurate as the bicep monitors, but I got frustrated trying to find a bicep cuff that would fit my arm. The monitors at my local Rite Aid came with medium cuffs which fit 13-15 inches. They didn't even carry large or extra large cuffs, but said they could order one for another $35. I ended up getting the wrist monitor because it was convenient and, I'll admit it, very very kewl. I used it at my doctors and found that it was just a few points off SYS and right on the money DIA. Did I mention that it's really kewl?

I have a arm monitor for home and a wrist monitor for work. The home one costs me about $90 and is completely digital. The wrist one cost around $60. If you have a costco or Sam's club, they normally have them, or just check most pharmacies.

Bring them with you to the doctor's office and have them checked against their monitors. Some of the units can be way off... Oh, and change batteries often.

Sounds good. thanks to all the replies. I`ll try and go the arm route first if I could. I do go to Costco but have`nt seen them. I`ll take a closer look next time.

Yeah I know if I get my pressure checked with a medium cuff its really high. Then they use a large and its fine.

Damn, can`t find the large sizes anywhere! It`s actually an extra large because a large is 15-17 inches (32-42cm) I may just opt for the wrist one. I hear they`re "kewl" lol

Top Bottom