Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Holding on to Strength and mass during cutting

big_griff

Hey bro's! i need some experienced wisdom here.
I would like to lower my bodyfat, and i don't want to lose my strength and muscle size! i just reached my all time high on flat bench (415lbs for 4 reps) which isn't a TON but for me in my little redneck town, well they think i'm a legend. LOL whatever. Anyways, I want to lower my bodyfat, and i want to hang on to my strength. What advice can you bro's give me that is tried and true? Thanks, i really appreciate your input and time. Peace!

as you lose OVERALL weight you will lose strength...its a given, the best advice I can give you is to do it slowly, meaning if you're goin to diet, do it with a progerssive lowering of your cals over a long period of time..like 4 months...ex.if your weight is stable at 4000 cals..drop down to 3700 or so for a month, then 3300 next month..etc and make sure you eat all your cals in REAL food, so, after training, instead of having a shake with gatorade..eat 2 or 3 bananas with some chicken breasts..and drink water like crazy

I try to not get hung up on strength and focus on the way I look. As you lose fat you will lose some LBM and strength. I've recently been through this, but overall I look bigger and better when I'm lean.

Honestly the biggest advice I ever heard on this was from Dorian Yates after his Biceps pull, it went something like this, but not word for word:

"when cutting I made the mistake of trying to get stronger or lifting the same why while dieting"

he went on to say that he should have stayed with the same weights or even backing off by 10% or so in order ovoid injury while getting Shredded.

right on thanks brothers! Omega, awesome dorian quote/advice! :) Love dorian, my all time fav! Thanks again. Peace!

the most important thing is to keep the training the same...same weight same rest...only change diet. u may be off a rep or so but never go to supersets and light weight.drop 2 pounds a week max.

Top Bottom