Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HGH and Carpal Tunnel

nautica

Side Effects Associated with Low-Dose GH Replacement

The dose of rhGH is an important consideration in the therapy of acquired GH-deficiency. Large, pharmacological doses of GH are often associated with the clinical sequelae of GH excess, including fluid retention and hypertension. However, increasingly smaller, physiological, doses of rhGH are currently being used for replacement in GH- deficient patients without such sequelae. At a dose of 0.03 mg/kg/week, Bengtsson et al. demonstrated only minor side effects including fluid retention and mild arthralgias in the majority of patients but did report carpal tunnel syndrome in one patient (6). In all cases, further reduction of the GH dosage resulted in amelioration of side effects. In another recent study in which a smaller dose of GH was used, 0.01 mg/kg was administered three times per week without any reported side effects (8). It remains unknown, however, whether chronic administration of GH at doses which keep IGF-I levels within the normal range will also improve key metabolic variables.

My question is:

If someone (who has never used GH therapy) already has carpal tunnel and is considering surgery - should this person avoid HGH? Would it worsen the condition and/or after surgery would the use of GH therapy cause the carpel tunnel to come back since the person is already prone to it???

Thanks
Nautica

Carpel tunnel for many is nothing more than inflamed tendons/ligiments. Often times the same nonsurgical procedures used to cure other tendon/ligiment injuries will work for it as well(such as prolotherapy and ART). I for one would will always check nonsurgical avenues before going under the knife.

To answer your question though, if you tendons/ligiments are allready swolen and you add GH it will likely cause more pain. My understanding is the GH causes water retension in the linnings that the nerves and such pass through and if your allready getting them irritated due to inflammed tendons/ligiments it will just cause further preasure.

Carpal Tunnel from hGH is, as you've stated, both dose related and temporary (as long as the dose is adjusted after the onset of CTS symptoms). Carpal Tunnel is normally a result of exacerbated stress (physiological) from overuse and poor mechanics. The latter is isolated, the former is not. I would say based on this that you would have nothing to worry about, however, because hGH induced CTS is temporary you really have nothing to lose in trying it and see. hth

nautica said:
Zyg, I am familiar with prolotherapy, but what is ART.

Nautica
Active release technique or somthing along those lines. Usually done by chiro's por sports docs.

Top Bottom