Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Herniated disc in limbar, surgery or not?

gorillahung

I've been having severe back pain since October when I hurt it on a failed 490 lb. deadlift. I had lifted 475 two weeks prior. It's the kind of pain that prevents me from sleeping unless I take a bunch of drugs. When I had my car accident two weeks ago, the trauma team at the ER did a CT scan. I had broken a transverse process which they said there was nothing they could do about it. But, they also found a herniated disc. I'm wondering if surgery might be an option. Has anyone else had surgery for this problem? While I'm already out of the gym for a while recovering from my other injuries from the accident, it would be nice to go ahead and have it done now.

I would talk to a neurologist. Show them xrays etc....i had a fusion between my l4,l5. I couldn't lift for nearly a year. It took 4 months before I could even go back to work. Then I was on a 50lb limit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

You should wait awhile. Relax but when not in pain do some soft stretching like hang from a bar as if your gonna do pull ups. To stretch your back. But yes go see the best sports doctor you can get. Some back surgeries don't make things better. I've had an herniated L5 for the past 22 years. Injured it on the leg press. Could no longer do legs heavy anymore. Then like 10 years later pow age hit why am I getting these pains. MRI & there you go. It's a struggle man. And the doctors say I'm to fit & still to young for surgery. I wish you luck man

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wonder if a chiropractor might get lucky and pop it the right way LOL. I've been doing some stretches. They provide some temporary relief but my back will tighten back up soon after. This sucks. I'd probably be Mr. Olympia by now if I could train the way I wanted LOL.

I wonder if a chiropractor might get lucky and pop it the right way LOL. I've been doing some stretches. They provide some temporary relief but my back will tighten back up soon after. This sucks. I'd probably be Mr. Olympia by now if I could train the way I wanted LOL.
Lmao , same here. Just watch out for tight hamstrings. They will fuck your lower back up now with the injury

The problem is the squats cause compression of the disc just like standing or running but the squat is much more intense. Decompressing it can relieve the pain. There are a couple new options a chiro may have for decompression of the area, but if you squat you'll have to use the decompression regularly as a counter. Also, there's no real "correct" posture for a squat, because everyone's hips, knees and alignments are different. I'd suggest that you try different positions, do not use the one where the weight is on top of you at all. Vertical leg press is your real substitute, much less compression.

Laser is an option now if the herniation is severe, but also look for pain clinics that do PRP shots. Using your own blood to heal a herniation has been working wonders for a lot of people.
Here in ATLANTA you can get stem cell treatment to spinal injury and the effects can reverse a lot of the damage without the risk of more traditional surgery. I wish you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is the squats cause compression of the disc just like standing or running but the squat is much more intense. Decompressing it can relieve the pain. There are a couple new options a chiro may have for decompression of the area, but if you squat you'll have to use the decompression regularly as a counter. Also, there's no real "correct" posture for a squat, because everyone's hips, knees and alignments are different. I'd suggest that you try different positions, do not use the one where the weight is on top of you at all. Vertical leg press is your real substitute, much less compression.

Laser is an option now if the herniation is severe, but also look for pain clinics that do PRP shots. Using your own blood to heal a herniation has been working wonders for a lot of people.
Here in ATLANTA you can get stem cell treatment to spinal injury and the effects can reverse a lot of the damage without the risk of more traditional surgery. I wish you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great info đź‘Ť

Whatever you do do not go to a chiropractor I went to the chiropractor for a slipped disc and sciatica and they made it 10 times worse I went to the physiotherapist after that and he is Aqua puncher it was amazing give that a try good luck my friend

Top Bottom