Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hernia Symptoms...a knot on my upper groin

Gettinbig2

I"ve been told that when u have a hearnia you have a small knot on your lower abdoment/groin area.. how big is this not, I have a dime size knot on my upper half of my groin, or lower right abdomen.. .any idea if this would be a sign of a hernia, thank.s

there are alot of different types of hernias, does it bulge out when you bear down like your having a bowel movement? if it hurts go get it checked out, I cant really say without seeing it.

i got one up top of my bellybutton. :( more fat i lose, more i notice it. started seeing it when i leaned back on the bench and jutted my lower abs out. doesn't hurt, so i haven't messed with it. but with really low BF it will be big time noticeable and will have to be dealt with. sucks!

Dont freak out yet. Yes go to the doctor though.
I have something similiar and when I went to the doc he said it was "just an abnormal growth on the muscle and I would be fine"

It could also be a cist.

I have had two inguinal hernias (lower abdomen, just inside of where the leg joins the abdomen in pubic hair area), one on each side, so I consider myself a seasoned expert.
Go to a doctor and have him check it - he will know immediately. Be sure that you do whatever you have to do to get it to protrude when you are at his office. I had one that behaving itself when I went and the doctor thought I was crazy. It took me 15 mins. to get it to pop out a bit.
You can go for years with a hernia without complications, but it will probably get bigger with time. If you are a weightlifter, best to get it taken care of ASAP because it can tear. Serious problems can occur if the intestine or other organ gets pinched off. Get it repaired. It is outpatient surgery. Hurts like a bitch for two or three days, but that is what pain pills are for.

It can also be infected lymph nodes. This is an indication of an infection of the glute or leg on the side of the infection.

You would know it if you had a hernia that had already torn the abdominal wall.......that's when you see the bulge. The pain is quite sharp when lifting or excercising.
I had one in that area. Always a dull pain until it started to show, then it hurt like hell.
The microsugery to repair is no big deal, but you won't lift for a while, maybe a month to get back to heavy stuff.

Top Bottom