Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hepatitis

How is this contracted other than blood transfusions? Can it be caught from multiple self injections with needles that have NOT been shared?

[This message has been edited by 2112 (edited July 12, 2000).]

Depends on what type of hepatitis you are talking about. I believe there are three types. But only vaccines for two. A and C have vaccines and those types can be transferred to us by eating out at a restaurant. Certain foods. I would get the vaccine if I were you. I had mine, its a simple two shots in the arm. Not a big deal, then that way you dont have to worry about it anymore.

There are actually variations of the virus from A through G. They are all viruses that attack the liver. Hepatitis A & E are associated with fecal matter. People who work in food preparation tend to easily spread this one around. They use the restroom, don't wash the hands and it ends up in your food. Or you eat some fish that was living in contaminated water and you get it. So, food and water spread this type. You are probably concerned with the B, C, & D types. It is spread through blood, semen, and contaminated needles. Hepatitis G is the "we don't know what the hell this one is, but it's different from all the others" category. They are discovering even more forms of this virus that go beyond this list and some that are of particular danger to people with AIDs. When you say multiple injections with needles not shared, I assume you mean multiple injections with a new needle being used for each injection every time. If you are doing that, you shouldn't have to worry about contracting anything.

------------------
{{-}}

Actually, It is A and B that have vaccines. C in incurable and chronic, though there are documented cases of people being diagnosed then being declared inactive which essentially means they no longer have it.

If you are reusing needles, you might want to rethink that. Needles become dull and you could end up looking like swiss cheese.

good info

------------------
barbell_rotate_lg_wht.gif
JIM LAYHOE [email protected]

Top Bottom