Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hemp seed Oil vs Flax seed Oil?

Big Rick Rock

istrator
Anybody here ever used Hemp Seed Oil instead of Flax Seed?

This is not a Plug for a sponsor.... I'm really interested to hear if anybody has ever used it... Sounds interesting:

From the: www.proteinfactory.com site
Product Description:
The perfect balance of omega 6, 3, and 9 fatty acids. The oil is pressed from Hemp Seeds to create a green, nutty tasting oil. Determined to be the optiumum requirement for long term human consumption. In addition hemp oil also cotains smaller amounts of 3 other unsturated fats in GLA oleic acid and stearidonic acid. This EFA combination is not only unique in the vegetable kingdom, but indispensable for cell growth, circulation, immune function, healthy skin, and the prevention of degenerative diseases. Fatty Acid Profile
Saturated Fatty Acids % of the Total Fatty Acids
Palmitic Acid 6-9 %
Stearic Acid 2-3.5 %
Arachidic Acid 1-3 %
Behenic Acid 0 .03 %

Unsaturated Fatty Acids
Oleic Acid (Omega 9) 10 - 15 %
Linoleic Acid (Omega 6) 53 - 60 %
GLA 2 -4 %
Linolenic Acid (Omega 3) 15 - 20 %
Stearidonic Acid (Omega 3) 2 %
Eicosaenoic Acid 0.5 %
Total Unsaturated Fatty Acids 89 - 91 %

Vitamins
Carotene 16,800 IU/pound
B1 0.9 mg
Riboflavin B 2 1.1 mg
Pyridoxine 0.3 mg
Vitamin C 1.4 mg
Vitamin D > 10 IU

Minerals
Calcium 180 mg
Iron 20 mg
Magnesium 8 mg

Bodybuilding and Athletic Supplementation Description

Hemp oil has been deamed the name "Flax with an attitude"..This oil should be used to maximize the anabolic conjuction between protein and EFA. Continuous use of flax oil can result in an imbalance of EFA in the body. Hemp oil can be used without worries. Hemp seed oil has a good taste.

Recommendation for maximum metablic shift into an anabolic condition.
(Especially recommend for ECTOMORPH's or people complaining they can never gain muslce mass.)

From the: www.proteinfactory.com site

I bought one bottle of hemp and really disliked its taste. Flax seed oil doesnt excite me either but I found it more tolerable.

If you buy an oil it should be in a dark bottle and always refridgerated and unfortunately PF's is shiped warm in a white bottle.

I have used it and I prefer its taste over flax seed oil. Plus hemp is great stuff, and it seems like overall it is better than flax by reading the label. I get mine in one of those whole foods type stores that have all that natural good for ya stuff.

I use HempSeed Oil... and prefer it (WORLDS) above Flax. Mainly for its taste... and its content of Gamma Oil. I believe Hemp's GLA content is only surpassed by EveningPrimrose and Borage... which isn't available to me in anything but capsules.

Hempseed oil:

Linoleic Acid (Omega6) = 57%
Linolenic Acid (Omega3) = 16%
Gamma Linolenic Acid (Omega6) = 3%
Monounsaturated Fat (Omega9) = 13%
Saturated Fat = 11%

Flaxseed Oil:

Linoleic Acid (Omega6) = 14%
Linolenic Acid (Omega3) = 58%
Gamma Linolenic Acid (Omega6) = 0%
Monounsaturated Fat (Omega9) = 19%
Saturated Fat = 9%

Note that there is essentially an inversely proportional amount of Linoleic Acid (Omega6) and Linolenic Acid (Omega3) in the two. Hemp having more Omega6 and Flax having more Omega3.

I have used both and I don't mind the taste of either. I switched back to Flax a while back when the store told me the govt. assholes would be banning the Hemp soon, along with all Hemp products. Since that time I've still seem it around so I may go back to it.

it is sometimes recommended that we try and get more o3 fats than 6 and hemp does not help you acheive this.
the color of the bottle is irrelevant, it just has to be opaque, to stop sunlight making it rancid,but if its in the fridge anyway this is not a problem.

I use both depending on what's cheaper at the grocery store. I dont buy the liquid version but rather the caps (must be kept in the fridge). Both are great. If you buy the liquid then it's really a matter of taste.

Top Bottom