Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help!!! Desperate to break plateau

brown_bomber

I started of at 110 pounds and have gotten up to 160 all natural.Now I find I can't seem to gain anymore.I eat about 2500 calories and 150 gms of protein.Never used creatine or any MRP.I train 3 times a week with heavy weights in the 4-6 rep range.Squats,bench ,deads they are my bread and butter.I tried changing the workout,taking a break and eating more.Notin seems to help!!! I am desperate.Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me!!! I am very dissapointed,depressed and frustrated.Should I increase the volume or what the hell should I do ? I am one fucked up lifter,a twisted 160 pound pencil case who wants to be a mass monster.:( :confused: :eek:

Eat more protein. Try 2 g. per lbs of bodyweight. That would be around 300 g. per day. Use protein powder to help you reach 300 g. Increase your calories to at least 3500.

I don't think you should increase the volume of your training because it may lead to overtraining, especially if you're natural. Train with intensity though.

increase sets , increase calories up to about 3500-4000 , load creatine, and make sure your getting enough rest...that should at least add another 5-10 lbs in a couple months.

You definately are going to have to eat more. 2500 calories is bird feed for a hard training athelete trying to gain muscle mass. Muscle isn't manufactured from air...It requires resources(FOOD) and lots of it in order to have neccessary what is needed to grow and sustain that muscle tissue. Muscle is VERY metabolicaly active meaning it requires loads of calories just to support its existance let alone grow more of it...which is also a highly metabolic process requiring even more calories. Protein of of greatest importance as that is what muscle is made of. 150g for a 160 pounder is not going to cut it. You'll be lucky to support your current muscle with that amount of portein let alone have enough amino acids to grow added muscle tissue. If you want to be a mass monster you have to eat like one. You have to give your body what it needs through nutritional intake in order to support those muscle gains. You sound like a hard gainer as you started at onlt 110 pounds. Your training approach is right on using heavy compoud movements. That will stimulate muscle growth...It's up to your diet to build upon that stimulus. Also, lifestyle has a great importance in developement. You have to make sacrifices. I don't know your lifestyle as you mentioned nothing about it, but you have to get your rest EVERYDAY. If you're constantly out late with friends drinking, partying, robbing banks, then you simply won't be able to grow like you wish. If you can walk instead of run, walk. If you can stand still instead of walk, stand still. If you can sit instead of stand still, sit. If you can lay down instead of sit, lay down. You get the idea. The most important thing is getting your diet in order. You need to be eating very frequently to insure that your body has the nutrients it needs to be building muscle. You also absolutely are going to have to increase your caloric intake. 4000 is probably going to be only a starting point if you have the raging metabolism it sounds you do. Start with at leat 300g of protein and build your diet around that with ample complex carbs and essential fatty acids. Most importantly...Knowledge=growth. Study all you can about how to get big, put those lessons to practice in your life, mix in untamed dedication and you'll get big.

Thanks a million Beezers and all the other guys who responded.I really really appreciate the time and effort taken by u(esp Breezers,who drilled a lot of sense into my bird brain).Good luck so that you achieve your physique goals.

Top Bottom