Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hell yeah, I'm no longer on insulin

gorillahung

No, I wasn't using insulin for bodybuilding purposes. I'm diabetic (type 2). I had been having problems with severe hypoglycemic episodes. One night I woke up shaking to the point that you might have described as convulsions, my sugar had dropped to 21. For a frame of reference, anything below 70 is considered too low. So, I saw the doc and he dropped my insulin to the minimum dose. I still had a few hypo episodes after that. So he told me to just stop taking it completely. According to my doc, insulin, while it's anabolic, can also increase fat. I was not aware of that.

A lot of people seem to think insulin is the 'secret' and that bodybuilders look the way they do because of insulin...it's not.

Insulin is a storage hormone. It shuttles glucose and amino acids into muscle and fat cells. Most people who use insulin just get fat off of it.

Insulin is very anabolic - but anabolic to both muscle and fat cells. Bodybuilders can use insulin without getting fat because they are also using huge dosages of GH and weight loss drugs with it. Less and less bodybuilders are using insulin because they are starting to realize it's doing more harm then good.

I am very happy to hear you got off insulin. Your long term health will benefit significantly from it.

Rather then use insulin, your best bet is to use supplements that increase muscle insulin sensitivity like fish oil and a good nutrient partitioner like N2slin. A high muscle insulin sensitivity allows you to get the good of insulin without any of the negatives. It will help shuttle the food you eat into muscle cells and away from fat cells.

It is one huge feat that you managed to get off insulin being a diabetic. Hell, many bodybuilders who use it for muscle developing purposes struggle to get off it, let alone those who have diabetes!

How did you manage to do so? Diet, or training, or both?

It is one huge feat that you managed to get off insulin being a diabetic. Hell, many bodybuilders who use it for muscle developing purposes struggle to get off it, let alone those who have diabetes!

How did you manage to do so? Diet, or training, or both?

Lev, it was a combination of diet and training. I drink nothing but water with the exception of 3 ounces of orange juice in the morning. I also managed to cut out all snacking. Two months ago I got on the scales and couldn't believe my eyes when it said I was 201 lbs. I had never gone over 199 before. Yesterday I weighed in at 185.

he said he was a type 2 diabetic. meaning his pancreas was functioning, just not optimally.. hence the doctor felt putting him on insulin would be beneficial. he managed to fight it off though by changing his lifestyle, something no doctors even recommend

Great job getting yourself to a healthier place where you no longer require insulin. You must have worked very hard on your diet and kept exercising.

Top Bottom