Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heavy weights V's Medium weights for growth

Mr N

not really an AS question. With suffering an injury lately I just wondered what you all thought about this:

which is more likely to build the most muscle?:

1) V. heavy weights, lowish reps with average form which result in the muscle not getting a 'great pump' or 'great feel'.

Or

2) A medium weight, very strict in form for 12reps resulting in a good pump and good feel in the muscle. Although not taken to failure.

Just wondered on opinions as im using the second method due to this injury of mine.

Cheers.

I generally stick with the medium weights... I am not a powerlifter and dont claim to be.

When I go to the gym I look for the pump not the amount of weight I can press, pull or bounce off me... BB is about intensity and form( diet is in there somewhere too :) ), not the poundages.

Just my .02:)

#2 for me.(but taken to failure) I've experimented with both and they are both important, but my best muscle growth came from #2. I was training that way because i was injured as well.

BigAndy69, so by training with medium weights you made better gains, even with an injury? - this sounds good to me as in my current injured form I cant press my usual heavy weights as my left side seems to have lost alot of strength.

haha

I'v been having great success using this rep scheme
NOT: very strict form and Also Sqeezing every single rep even on warm ups.20-12-3-5
240c.jpg

Top Bottom