Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

heating up oil -- will this make AS lose its potency?

snagglepuss

I made some fina with a kit about two months ago. It is very viscous, so I want to heat it up to make it easier to extract the oil from the vial. If I boil some water and then place the vial of fina in it for 10 minutes or so, will this type of heat make the fina less effective or will I be OK?

thanks,
S

Yes, the more you heat it up the more it affects the potency. To what degree, however, I am not sure. Probably not enough to make a difference.

you should be fine, they actually recomend that during the process of making the fine and filtering it. warming it up a bit with warm/hot water will affeect your gear, just dont heat it up past 250 or so...

I USED TO WORK IN A CHEMICAL/PETRO LAB. WE TESTED OILS AND CHEMICALS EVERYDAY. I DO NOT THINK THAT YOU WILL LOSE POTENCY BY HEATING UP THE OIL. WHAT HEATING DOES TO OIL IS LOWER ITS VISCOSITY. BASICALLY, YOU ARE MAKING IT THINNER BY HEATING IT. HEAT BREAKS IT DOWN TO LOWER THE VISCOSITY (THICKNESS).

HOWEVER, I WOULDNT RECOMMEND PLACING IT IN BOILING WATER. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PLACE IT IN WARM WATER FROM A FAUCET FOR ABOUT 10-15 MINUTES THEN EXTRACT IT.

KAYNE

Not sure what size pin you are using ? I use a 23x1 to draw up fina and it loads real quick.

Top Bottom