Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heart attack, Car accident, and triple bypass surgery bro's

Glad to see you made it out ok man. your lucky someone was there that knew what they were doing as soon s it happened.

Thank you to all the bro's that have responded to this thread with kind words.

Please guy's go have a stress test of your heart done. This will help determine if you have any hidden or underlying problems. If I would have done this I would probably not had a heart attack and wrecked my car and almost killed my girl and possible others. I still would have had to have the surgery, just under better conditions.

Or they may have found somethng and been able to to the angioplasty to unblock the arteries. You had triple vessel disease it sounds like that a simple stent could not have fixed. Sounds genetic to me.

a stress test will just show previous heart attacks or some sort of problem with the electrical pahtways in the heart. For preventing heart attacks, having a catheterization gives you an idea of the plaque buildup in the arteries leading to your heart. You had this, right bro? what was your doctors conclusion?

Sorry I keep replying to your threads it is nothng personal. A stress test can show if thier are plumbing problems not electrical problems. The heart is stressed either with exercise or a drug that increases the HR. With this if there are EKG changes such as something called ST elevation that chances are you will have some kind of blockage. Then you will need a cath for a defenitive conclusion of what is really going on. EKGs and Stress test are not near as accurate as a heart cath you are right.

This is why syncope (passing out) is taken seriously. I get tired of people getting pissed off because I want to admit them for passing out. If you're 20 years old and everything's ok with your workup, then no, you don't need admission. If you're >35 years of age, then unless the stars are in alignment and I find a reason that you passed out (dehydration, psychogenic, etc.), then the patient is either admitted for telemetry and further workup or they sign out AMA (against medical advice).

Regarding AAS contributing to this, I'm sure it probably helped develop your stenosis, but it's not the only cause. Three cycles is hardly enough to cause an 80% stenosis. I'm betting you have a genetic condition where your triglycerides are high and your HDL is low.

Out of curiosity, what were your lipid numbers?

Everyone should have routine lipids and blood pressure screenings from time to time.

A lot of hospitalists at our facility get angry when our MDs admit a 35 year old male with syncope. Its funny to watch the ER docs argue with the guys.

that's your ace huh? That's all you got.......I misspelled it. Ok bro, you got me. :rolleyes:

And when you go to work monday, ask the cardiologist that you work for what the relationship between Ischemia and arrhythmia's are. And just in case you were not aware, yes people can feel arrhythmia's. Which brings us back to "stress EKG's are pointless for healthy people just trying to ascertain their predisposition toward heart disease".

And no worries on future pm's. Just make sure you actually know what you're talking about and understand the discussion before you offer your opine's. Most of this probably would have been avoided if you would have just absorbed what you read properly.

yes a heart attack can cause arrhythmias. Do you know why this is?

The surgeon said that the part of my heart were the heart attack was located had a small bruise to it. He said as soon as he hooked the new vein into that area, my heart turned a very healthy pink color and said that my heart looked like the heart of an eighteen year old male. He said it was beating very strong and in his opinion no permanent damage was done. The bypass corrects the blood flow to the entire heart, when you have a triple bypass. Some people do suffer permanent damage, I was in very good physical condition and thats why he thinks I did not suffer any permanent damage. I was lucky in this area also.

Cardiac rehab starts in a week I think, but I've already been doing 20min. of cardio, walking briskly in the morning and a half hour on the stationary bike at the gym at night, with no problems.

You'll recover in no time. the old guys in rehab will be fun. get to talking to them while your on the bike or treadmill.

plaque involves alot more than just cholesterol bro. The heavy lifting we do causes the veins in our bodies to bulge which creates micro tears.......the body then, through the inflammatory response, calls in the troops to seal that tear. That little mound that forms over the tear is what can eventually break free and cause a blockage. The upside is our hearts are stronger than the average person AND we tend to have more NO in our blood streams so our veins are larger and more malleable to begin with.

I can't comment on why you have more plaque in the vicinity of your heart than in other places.......so definitely go with what doctors tell you but always be looking at what the new research is saying. If you do that CRP test, let us know the results. I go to see my cardiologist tommorrow for the results of my nuclear, I'm going to bring that inflammation test up with him. Its a simple blood test........they "may" have done it during my intitial hospital visit some time ago, I'll check on that.

Just my personal opinion, and this is just my opinion I'm not a doctor....just somebody who's been forced to intensely study his own condition.........it's my opinion my lifestyle led to my problem. And since I've corrected it I feel a million times better. I did HORRIBLY on the beta blockers and ACE inhibitors they tried to put me on.........my body just said "this is fucked"........that's why I'm so bullish on diet and lifestyle changes instead of drugs that alleviate one thing but cause two or three other things that you then have to get another prescription for. IMO the drugs they want to put you on should be for the worst late stage patients who have no hope of recovering on their own. You're lucky in that they probably won't prescribe em to you because of how well your initial recovery was.

A life style change is always better than putting drugs in yur body. I could not agree more.

hmmm, your first post........Hi Heavyduty.......no you're not a cardiologist, you're a button jockey. You inject people with cardiolight and then use a computer mouse to set the nuke machine on it's business. An honest living for sure, but you're not a cardiologist. In any case, much of my information actually comes from "REAL" cardiologists. I don't make any of this stuff up because I couldn't, I'm not a doctor and acknowledge that. I've actually had an appointment with one of the heads of the cleveland clinic cardiology dept.........so whoever you are, i really don't care, but you're not trumping the cleveland clinic. When I speak of my reactions to the drugs I was given, I clearly state those are MY EXPERIENCES.......but I have learned that I am not alone in those experiences. What I am advising to the thread starter is to look at every angle possible and not to take one single persons advice, no matter who it is. Cardiologists, even at the cleveland clinic, are not infallible. This is sage advice no matter what and you can go ahead and suck me sideways. I am free to share my experiences and advise someone to research their own condition and come to their own conclusions about what's best for them. So....either give your own advice to the thread starter, which I don't begrudge you of..........or simply shut your own fucking piehole because you're of absolutely no use. The point of this thread, as i was reading him, was to bounce his condition off of others here because there's more than one person who's had heart problems here.

Well I guess I must be Pat_McCrotch as well. I must be behind every single person on here that adds to and/or disagrees with your vastly superior knowledge! Excellent deductive reasoning skills! Sorry bro. Not me. Maybe one of the others that are disagreeing with you. But since you brought my name back into it....,

Again with the spelling and incorrect terminology. I point this out because I don't understand how you can expect people to buy what you are selling here when you can't even spell basic terms like arrhythmia and/or Cardiolite? Anyone as educated on this subject as you claim to be would be able to spell these words! And "nuke machine"? Are you serious? PLEASE KEEP ME OUT OF YOUR BULLSHIT! I HAVE BEEN DONE WITH YOU! For Christ's sake! GET OVER IT!

Last edited:
EDIT, just reread Mr dB's post, I scanned across and said, well that guy's on the right meds. Except for a baby 81mg aspirin.
Its actually quite rare to see someone on those 4 meds have a heart attack. Once we get them stabilized on those 4 drugs, of course statins can cause pains and ace inhibitors cause cough so people are non-compliant.

I do take an aspirin every day.

Does it have to be a baby Aspirin? I usually just take a regular one.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but --

In April 2004 I thought I was having a heart attack. Tightness in the chest, pain shooting from my left chest up under the clavicle and up into my neck and down the left arm, surface numbness extending form left chest down the arm and up the neck and left jaw, and ANXIETY. This was preceded by weeks of fatigue.

So I went to the ER. When you walk into an ER and say the words "chest pain" they don't waste any time. The guys with traumatic amputations and impalements can wait in chairs while I go to the head of the line. :) They had me in a chair taking my vitals before I could even pull out my insurance card. My BP was 190-something over 120-something.

So they herded me into a room, plopped me on a bed, attached monitors and a BP cuff on a 15-minute timer, drew blood, took an X-ray, shot me with some sublingual nitroglycerine, put an IV port on my forearm, and put me on something to bring down my BP.

The chest film and blood enzymes were both good, though, so while no one ever told me what DID happen to me, they said it wasn't an MI. After being warehoused for most of the day, I was finally admitted at about 9:00 PM. At some point in the afternoon my BP spiked again and my chest tightened, and someone ran in and shot me with another sublingual nitro, at which point my eyes completely dried up 'til my eyelids felt like coarse sandpaper. And no one would give me eyedrops, apparently they were contraindicated?

6:30 the next morning I was awakened so they could draw more blood, then wheeled downstairs for a stress test. Apparently it was okay too. From mid-morning 'til late afternoon I was warehoused again, no activity, no consultation, just silence. Finally the head Indian came in, asked me how good my prescription plan was, wrote a scrip for the drugs mentioned in my previous post, had a nurse remove the IV port, and unceremoniously sent me home.

When I checked out my BP was around 150/80 I think. On drugs it's around 120/70. If I go off the drugs (I've done it twice, just for a week to see...), my BP goes back to 150/80. And that's where I've been since 2004.

Top Bottom