Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Health care bill passed, say goodbye to your doctor!

Although there's still hope that this insanity will meet it's end when the house & senate get together, it's looking bad for now that it could become law.

Just a few thoughts here:

Insurance companies are barely making money now, and they will all leave town if this bill becomes law. Remember when they passed a law that all homeowners insurance companies had to sell earthquake insurance in California? They all packed up & quit selling homeowner policies immediately. So the state was forced to repeal that law, and created state socialized quake coverage to stack onto a regular homeowner policy. (CA Earthquake Authority). That coverage is totally useless, and I don't have it. The same exact thing will happen with medical insurance in the USA. Obama says the private insurance industry will remain, but it won't when it can't make a living anymore. Then the government will step in, and establish a public socialized plan, which will be the end of medical advancements in the USA.

For anyone who thinks that paying a small co-pay is helping you, you're sadly mistaken. Insurance policies are reactive; not proactive. Meaning, they will not pay for you to go get a REAL physical, or to investigate an ache or pain, unless your symptom falls under a written guideline in the policy. So often, things like cancer will go so far as to be hopelessly incurable by the time the symptoms get so bad that your doctor is allowed to test for it. The only thing the Obamacare bill is good for, is the prenatal care and birthing of illegal immigrant babies.

Forcing employers to pay for health care for workers is going to cause firings, layoffs and bankruptcies nationwide. It will drive good doctors to retire or quit, as they aren't going to want to be puppets of the insurance companies, if they're GOOD doctors. And if this crap goes as far as it has in Canada, you will be on a 6-month waiting list for emergency surgery, and you'll die before your turn ever comes up.

Now I've said all the doom & gloom, and here's the real answer that the Left will NEVER NEVER admit to; STOP THE DAMN FAKE LAWSUITS that are causing the cost of medicine to soar in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your doctor didn't have to pay $250,000 a year in malpractice insurance, he/she'd be able to see you for $25, and you'd get open heart surgery for $500. No insurance or government nannyism needed. Just keep $1000 in a special savings account, and you're fine. But sadly, the truth can't be told, and the real solution to mecical costs can't happen, since most of the lawmakers and our President are lawyers themselves.

Charles

What gives you authority to deem malpractice(some are real) lawsuits fake? I might be assuming but your views could be bias based off the knowledge you have on the medical industry. You know an awful lot, so this issue could be effecting you directly in terms of profit.

What gives you authority to deem malpractice(some are real) lawsuits fake? I might be assuming but your views could be bias based off the knowledge you have on the medical industry. You know an awful lot, so this issue could be effecting you directly in terms of profit.

The good news is you wouldn't have to decide what's fake and what's real. You could get massive cost improvements by doing two things:

1) Cap malpractice lawsuits as long as physicians follow the published, accepted guidelines of their professional societies. There are some really good guidelines out there, but physicians go above and beyond due to the need for defensive medicine.

2) Losers should pay the court costs and attories fees in all torts (not just malpractice). No one should ever be able to force someone else to settle just because it would cost less than fighting it in court.

The good news is you wouldn't have to decide what's fake and what's real. You could get massive cost improvements by doing two things:

1) Cap malpractice lawsuits as long as physicians follow the published, accepted guidelines of their professional societies. There are some really good guidelines out there, but physicians go above and beyond due to the need for defensive medicine.

2) Losers should pay the court costs and attories fees in all torts (not just malpractice). No one should ever be able to force someone else to settle just because it would cost less than fighting it in court.

Just wondering, what's your backround relating to the medical field?

Just wondering, what's your backround relating to the medical field?

Parents started in medical supplies around the time I was born.

Family medical business started when I was 4 (38 years ago)

I've worked for a combination of the family business, for myself and for General Electric since 1992. It's been a broad range of functions: Engineering, marketing, mergers and acquisitions, etc. etc. I've been on the commercial side, but I've also worked in policy, standards, patient safety, etc. etc. The products have ranged from surgical accessories, orthopedic softgoods, patient monitoring equipment, wound care, plastic commodities, etc. etc.

I entered the academic side of medicine in 1996 as well, but that would be a very long read.

So technically I would be on the commercial and academic side of health care.

Top Bottom