Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hamstring Help

8and20 said:
good read. i am going to stop by my local sports store to see if they got one. sounds like this would be a great idea for regular maintenance once i get them worked on.

It hurts like hell at first, especially on the IT band! But it's good pain bro… and much, much cheaper than a rub down.

The biggest thing for me was not over stretching because of the "martial arts mentality". A Sensei will tell you to push through the pain like when Van Damme was tied to those trees in Kickboxer... but stretching isn't supposed to hurt… (your foam roller is tho!)

Nelson Montana said:
The thing with hams is that they're stabilizing muscxles and were never intended to be worked directly. Where in nature do you use hamstrings against resistance? It's also why they take forever to heal.

ART is essentially the same as deep massage .

Try supersetting compressed motions with stretching i.e. curl and stiff leg deadlifts. That keeps them loose and works them hard.

This is all true shit right here.

The only thing I would say is you may want to stop doing leg curls at all. Squats, deads, running and jumping are all you need for great legs. IMO leg curls are junk.

Top Bottom