Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hamstring Help

My gym has a medical spa with full service PT & OT as well as deep tissue massage. I talked to one of my friends that works there and he gave me the name of a person that used to work with our NBA team. They should know their shit. I am hoping I can get it scheduled for Saturday right after my leg workout. It would be a perfect time.

I am still open to any and all other suggestions.

I've been having these exact same issues - a tense almost agrivating feeling like I want to run sprints to get more extension. It's good to hear that deep tissue seems to help - that was my next step.

Sprints do help a little by the way.

rudy76 said:
I've been having these exact same issues - a tense almost agrivating feeling like I want to run sprints to get more extension. It's good to hear that deep tissue seems to help - that was my next step.

Sprints do help a little by the way.

I aint about to run it is 17 degrees F here....lol. Plus I dont want to burn the unecessary calories (on heavy cycle - saving it for the muscle).

It feels so good to just do standing stiff legged stretches but it only lasts for a couple of minutes and its like a rubber band and snaps back at me

I don't like the sprints much either. It' -10 deg C or 14 deg F here today.

I try to run some sprints once a week about and hour after my post workout carbs.

Hell, maybe that's what caused my tension.

rudy76 said:
I don't like the sprints much either. It' -10 deg C or 14 deg F here today.

I try to run some sprints once a week about and hour after my post workout carbs.

Hell, maybe that's what caused my tension.

its very fucking agrivating like ya said. i dont think sitting at my desk all day helps either. maybe i should walk around more at work? make sure once an hour i go for a little stroll.

8and20 said:
maybe i am having a stupid moment right now so whats the foam roller?

go to youtube.com and search for foam roller

oh, and if you sit at the desk all day, the foam roller is great for the IT band!

The thing with hams is that they're stabilizing muscxles and were never intended to be worked directly. Where in nature do you use hamstrings against resistance? It's also why they take forever to heal.

ART is essentially the same as deep massage .

Try supersetting compressed motions with stretching i.e. curl and stiff leg deadlifts. That keeps them loose and works them hard.

Top Bottom