Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

gynecomastia and nolvadex

RaoulDuke..

Hey all. My question is in regards to gynecomastia, particularly marijuana induced gyno. I know this is a steroids board, but i figured a lot of you guys are pretty educated in horomone related matters. I am interested through what mechanism this type of gyno occurs. I have heard marijuana lowers natural free testosterone, which in turn causes a spike in estrogen levels. I have used mj about every day for a year or so, and recently have noticed what i think to be a little bit of gyno. Here's where you guys come in: would using nolvadex help reduce my problem, or just keep it from getting worse. From what i have read it acts only as a estrogen blocker from particular site. I have ordered some liquid nolvadex and plan on taking it at 40mg/day for a couple of weeks and see if i notice any changes. Will taking the nolva have an effect on my libido? Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

bro there is no way in hell youve developed gyno from marijauna. ive smoked the chron since i was 11 years old and never had a drop from it. boosts in testosterone are what causes estrogen.

RaoulDuke.. said:
Hey all. My question is in regards to gynecomastia, particularly marijuana induced gyno. I know this is a steroids board, but i figured a lot of you guys are pretty educated in horomone related matters. I am interested through what mechanism this type of gyno occurs. I have heard marijuana lowers natural free testosterone, which in turn causes a spike in estrogen levels. I have used mj about every day for a year or so, and recently have noticed what i think to be a little bit of gyno. Here's where you guys come in: would using nolvadex help reduce my problem, or just keep it from getting worse. From what i have read it acts only as a estrogen blocker from particular site. I have ordered some liquid nolvadex and plan on taking it at 40mg/day for a couple of weeks and see if i notice any changes. Will taking the nolva have an effect on my libido? Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

the nolva will hep the marijuana induced gyno. ive laways heard marijuans is plant estrogen.close friend had same issue and worked for him. try 40-60mg until symptoms subside.

Thanks for the response, bruce. But i think it may be that i am prone to gyno, while you may not be. I also have friends that smoke more than i do and have never had any problem with the nips. From what i have read, i was under the impression that the lowered natural test would also cause a rise in estrogen, similarly to a crash that would happen post steroid cycle (obviously not that dramatic though) Any other thoughts?

you get gyno mid cycle bro because your body ups the estrogen because your test levels are so high. you don't get gyno when you are doing pct and have very low test levels. yes it is possible that you might still be fighting off gyno from the cycle but it is induced by test or progesterone, and an abundance of it at that. people say that mj can cause gyno to be worse if you are on aas, but ive never heard of gyno from that alone

When I went to see a surgeon for my gyno he never once asked me if I use or have used steroids (6'01" 252 lbs at the time, blow to my ego) but the first thing he did ask me was if I smoke marijuana.
Taken from:
http://www.ricksilverman.com/gyno_faqs.html

Q: Can drugs other than steroids cause gyno?

A: Sure. One of the questions I ask my gynecomastia patients who don't use steroids is if they smoke marijuana. And I bet that lots of steroid users have confessed marijuana use before they'd admit to steroid use at the doctor's office. Other prescription drugs which are associated with the condition include the anti-ulcer drug, cimetidine or "Tagamet", and Spironolactone, which is a diuretic used for high blood pressure. Another agent that we tend to forget about is alcohol, which can affect metabolism in the liver, enhancing the effect of other drugs as well as contributing to development of gynecomastia itself.

Q: Once you've removed the lump, what's the likelihood of it returning?

A: Well, remember that button of tissue I talked about--the tissue I leave under the nipple. That tissue contains the same elements which can be stimulated again if, for example, a guy starts taking steroids again. So it can come back. Interestingly, one of the first patients I operated on is a fellow who was in his early 40's when I did his surgery. He hadn't used steroids for about 5 years. His surgery went well. I did a little touch up liposuction of his chest the following year, and then I didn't see him for a couple of years. When he showed up next time, he had bigger breasts than he'd had the very first time I saw him. After making sure that nothing else was wrong with him, it seemed that the likely cause of his recurrence was his dropping testosterone levels associated with aging. He was a victim of his own body's hormonal back-fire.

So i guess it's established that THC can induce gyno. With that said, will the nolvadex possibly reduce the gyno? Or is it possible that estrogen is not the culprit?

Top Bottom