Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glucophage (Metformin) ?

Christian buddy,..I would wait to listen to either answer until you can give further details of your current situation.

Why? yo ask....
Well, if you are new to serious dieting and haven't tries all your options then you want to hold off on this one. If you are an avid lifter and have kept your diet in COMPLETE check for years and still have that last little bit of fat to lose and have tries ALL OTHER OPTIONS, then it might be worth it. If you have a history of Diabetes in your family then I would say no, just in case you get it yourself and that just happens to be what the doctor gives to you.

Also, IF this is the route you plan to take, just to be on the safe side you may want to go to your Doc to get a complete blood work-up done and check your lipid profile to make sure your healthy enough to take this without having doctor supervision to do so.

So the answer is, YES, it will help you lose some fat, if taken correctly, and NO, if this is your first crack at getting lean and have no experience with dieting and working out.

Also, if you can, get a glucometer to check your blood sugar often as to not go hypo.

The comment about control is semi right. To completely control your sugar and insulin response you need to keep track of more than just the amount of carbs you consume. Mainly its ability to release insulin and at what rate and for what length of time.
Thanks for all the concern. I am 5'8", 210lbs,I would think 15%bf. I have been lifting all my life but actively again for just over 2 years. I am running Test and Deca right now at moderate doses. I have heard good things about the metformin. I have the fat on my belly I just cant loose. My diet is fairly clean. Bot 300 cals a day and 225-250 gms of protien. I just though if it was safe to take I would give it a shot. But it sounds like it could be a health gamble. My girl takes it for a stomach prob and she has no ill sides with it at all. Maybe with this info you can better assess my use. Thx, Christian...

Christian, what do you do for cardio and fat loss? Are you on any fatburners besides your current cycle? How long have you been at 210lbs.? It sounds like you may be ok to try it, but do so will humility. Don't lose sight of what your doing and get yourself into trouble with your sugar.

To the comment about semi-right, I did not mean as a cure. I know that, who doesn't. I said as a control.

Christian, what do you do for cardio and fat loss? Are you on any fatburners besides your current cycle? How long have you been at 210lbs.? It sounds like you may be ok to try it, but do so will humility. Don't lose sight of what your doing and get yourself into trouble with your sugar.

To the comment about semi-right, I did not mean as a cure. I know that, who doesn't. I said as a control.
Well for now im in a bulk so nothing for cardio now. But after this run Ill want to cut of course. Ill do my normal lower cal diet and I usually do 3 cardio sessions a week of say 20-30 mins on a elliptical trainer. I dont take any other fat burners in a cut phase other that ephera. I expect to be probably weigh 217lbs after this cycle and will have say 25 pounds of fat I could loose to get me down to say 8-9 %BF. I have not ever gotten that low and I always have a layer of fat on stomach that keeps my abs hidden. Hence the wanting to try the metformin during my up coming cut phase.

A very large percentage of people don't know that.

Even people with diabetes who post on diabetic forums don't understand.

That's the reason why I made the point in the first place.

Top Bottom