Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Global Warming...

H_T_

Da Pope
Platinum
it's pretty much useless trying to deny the fact that the planet is becoming warmer. i haven't had the need for a winter coat in years. but i had heard something the other day that might make a good topic of discussion here:
IF the polar ice caps are melting, will that provide more fresh water to the world? and could much of the unusable land in Northern Canada be used for agricultural purposes?

yep, Russia and Canada would benefit from Global warming while the south of the US would turn in a Sahara like desert

anthrax said:
yep, Russia and Canada would benefit from Global warming while the south of the US would turn in a Sahara like desert
we're turning more towards cattle, but when the cattle have nothing to eat, well, they'll be fed by-products of themselves.

Last Friday was 64 F up here in Montreal (Canada), warm for Nov. I am all for global warming ;-)

blueta2 said:
Last Friday was 64 F up here in Montreal (Canada), warm for Nov. I am all for global warming ;-)
not good. cold weather is a necessity. it kills many strains of viruses and bacteria. it sets things right. plus, where do you think that water is going to go?

HumanTarget said:
not good. cold weather is a necessity. it kills many strains of viruses and bacteria. it sets things right. plus, where do you think that water is going to go?

I agree with the bacteria and viruses, but when the water gets here, I will be dead and buried!

blueta2 said:
I agree with the bacteria and viruses, but when the water gets here, I will be dead and buried!
don't be so sure. and what good is an ocean covered world with no fish? people need to find something else to eat.

HumanTarget said:
don't be so sure. and what good is an ocean covered world with no fish? people need to find something else to eat.

we have McDonalds here ;-)

I hear ya, but I won't be on this planet when all this happens and not that I don't care cause I do, but I cannot stop evolution.

blueta2 said:
we have McDonalds here ;-)

I hear ya, but I won't be on this planet when all this happens and not that I don't care cause I do, but I cannot stop evolution.
well, like oil & many other things taken for granted, it will be gone one day.

From what I understand, getting fresh water from the melting pole isn't a viable economic option as there are enough resources available, even in the forseeable future, to keep the costs down. You never know what might happen, though, apocalyptically speaking.
Also, Russia is much better positioned to gain benefits, if any, than Canada in the event of massive warming for reasons I don't exactly remember. It has mainly to due with the geological structure of N. Canada and the effect warming would have on underground water sources, present soil conditions, runoff, existing weather patterns,and.... I could look it up if anyone absolutely wants to know.

Top Bottom