Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting paid for working out!

Tigerparks

Guys,
I figured as life is so short I may as well do something I enjoy. I was looking into the personal training/gym instructor field.
I mean what could be better than being paid to keep fit? Or in our case BIG and STRONG?

There is a collage in England that charges about £3000 ($4500) which gets you a diploma in personal training. The course includes optimum nutrition, circuit training, body massage etc... (not AAS supplementation for some reason!)

Anyway, I asked a local health club what they're offering for personal trainers and they tell me £12K per year! ($18K) Any private clients is done outside of working hours!
12K ??? WTF am I gonna do with that? I will not be able to afford luxuries like AAS anymore
:(

Does anyone know how to make a decent wage out of fitness training? Or is anyone here a trainer? I wanna be earning at least £22K otherwise I'll stick to my boring desk job!
Laters!

Does anyone know how to make a decent wage out of fitness training? Or is anyone here a trainer? I wanna be earning at least £22K otherwise I'll stick to my boring desk job!
Ummm....maybe you sell steroids on the side?

well where you are from i dont know the laws and what you need to run a business. i started my own business along with the gym i was working at. at the gym you get around $20-25 hourly with my own business i charged $50-$75 an hour i just went to my clients house to train them. get them to sign a package deal and get more up front $ but less per session. stipulate that they have to train 2 x's a week or they lose the session and the $ they missed. its good $$ and most people resign if your good and know your shit.

you can also get hooked up with a suppliment company or a store and sell supps to your clients. you can usually get a better price from the store if they know you are going to be exclusive to them.

that diploma does not mean dick. If you look good, and you can get a job in a gym, you don't need that diploma-just move to a big city and you can get 40$ or more per session

diamonddiceclay said:
that diploma does not mean dick. If you look good, and you can get a job in a gym, you don't need that diploma-just move to a big city and you can get 40$ or more per session

agreed, as with most diplomas as well.

i totaly agree with that too. Most gyms have guys that have no formal education in Fitness training. If you look the part and know a bit you can make it. I personally feel i make more $$$ in my personal business cause i can show my Certificates from college. i am going back to get my BA in exercise physiology.

Just make sure you know what you are oing before you get out there and start. Nothing worse than hurting someone because of poor education regarding training others and knowing what to look for as far as overtraining and pushing beginners too hard.

Last edited:
the most important part about being a personal trainer is looking the part, if you are tall and have a nice solid/proportionate body you can get a job without a PT license, good looks help alot also. After that the amount of money you can make will be determined by the results your clients will see

i looked into to it also, but like previously mentioned with pay that low you may as well sell gear too! Or just keep your job..

good looks and being in shape should help, but when all of the other trainers are fat, you make 90% of their trainers look like shit and they dont like that. (24 hr fitness)

Top Bottom