Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting girlfriend started in fitness/bodybuilding to lose some weight...advice/tips?

wutangnomo

Hi there! I've been on this board for a while and know what to do when it comes to me as I've been bodybuilding for many years and have gotten great results. I'm posting this for my girlfriend because she is ready to make a commitment and change her life for the better. I would like some of your ladies input.

My girlfriend has always been an avid swimmer. She is an endurance swimmer and used to be a lifeguard. She has never been into the weights, but now that she has met me that will change. The last few years due personal issues and whatnot she has gained some weight (bodyfat) and she is now motivated to lose that.

Current stats:
Age - 37
Height - 5'6"
Weight - About 148lbs
Bodyfat % - Approximately 30%
Bodytype - Endomorph

Goals:
To get down to around 125-130lbs and lose bodyfat (get down to around 15-20%). Not looking to compete or anything like that, simply improve the health and tone up some.

I have already given her some of the universal fitness advice:

1) Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day ... shoot to eat every 3-4 hours ... about 6 meals/day ... she already drinks a ton of water, but I'll make sure she drinks more.

2) Increase protein intake ... right now starting her out at 1lbs protein/lbs bodyweight ... then will increase accordingly ... also will watch her cals and carb intake ... first half of the day will be complex carbs+protein, second half some healthy fats+protein (and lots of veggies throughout the day).

3) She will be training with me ... split will be 4 days working chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/abs, legs ... focusing on compound movements (squats, deads, presses, rows) ... I will possibly start her off on 5X5, but the training will be adjusted accordingly.

4) She will be doing cardio in the form of swimming (like I said, an avid swimmer) probably around 3 times a week, if not more.

There is a lot more to advise I know, and will get to it these next few days. Should I start her off at 1.5lbs protein/bodyweight? For an endomorph how much cardio is recommended?? This is one area I'm not too sure with as I've never done cardio since I am a natural ectomorph and have always been fairly lean. Any other advise is much appreciated.

ps... Will probalby get her some Glucorell-R

Glucorell R is a good start and a safe bet. You might get her to consider Levorex when it comes out this week. No stims and it will really help her lose the fat she wants to get rid of. I wish I had some advice for you but you've already posted more good advice than I ever have in your post above me. :)

Thanks Ulter!

Levorex?? Haven't been following everything that's going on but is this a new product you guys (AF store) are coming out with shortly?

Yes, it will be available by the end of the week. It's very effect from what the women who were testing it have reported.

I just started working out with my wife 3 weeks ago. Now I go in the morning and then I go with her in the evening to run her through the routine I designed for her as well as some nighttime cardio for me. It’s working out real well for the both of us. I’m dying to get her on anavar, but it’s way too soon. Maybe next summer if she keeps it up.

wutangnomo said:
Should I start her off at 1.5lbs protein/bodyweight? For an endomorph how much cardio is recommended??

The training sounds great 5x5 is great to build strength on a beginer lifter. She doesn't need to do any more cardio then the swimming she already does. I would go with 1 gram of protien per pound 1.5-2 is what woman use to bulk and I am guess she is looking to lose some size and lower her bf%.

Top Bottom