Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Genetics!!! How Would You Know??

reaper99

Ok so how would you know that you have the genetics to go all the way? What are some tell tale signs or anything to look for that would let you know you got what it takes? Is it just about size? Or is it size, symmetry, how easily you grow?

Last edited:
No, not at all, its a good question.

Apparently, big calves and forearms are a good sign, that you have good genetics to build muscle.

Obviously weighing a ripped 200lb before even touching a weight is a good sign too :)

i have big forearms and smallish calves...so am i in between? lol

fast metabolism, responding quickly to weights...looking impressive before you even touched a steroid...those are signs of good genetics to an extent...regardless..
for the first question...i think alot of it has to do with bodytype...supposedly ecto-meso is a great combo for bodybuilding...small joints...big round muscle bellies..its all about the illusion...
In my opinion i have bad genetics...started at 120lbs at 5'10 AFTER a year of lifting, with a two pack of abs...LOL (didnt eat enough)..yet with discipline, knowledge, years of shaping the body and creating symmetry, ive been able to take the overall at my second show at 24 yrs of age..so, in my opinion...you can shape your body to appear as though you have GREAT genetics...and had...you just need a vision in mind..
some people with great genetics dont look that impressive if they eat like crap and dont workout...its only when they take advantage of their genetics..so...alot of it has to do with nutrition, knowledge, and motivation/dedication too...you can have mediocre genetics and become a pro, you just need to create the vision you want to achieve and do, over saying..

reaper99 said:
Ok so how would you know that you have the genetics to go all the way? What are some tell tale signs or anything to look for that would let you know you got what it takes? Is it just about size? Or is it size, symmetry, how easily you grow?

Just look around at people in general. There is a huge difference between body types. Genetically we all have our strong, and weak points. Through weight training one can overcame weak genetics, but those weak areas will require more work. If you are gifted genetically, you have few weak areas, and you most likely respond well to training, making it easier to build symetry.

not necessarily on the calved and forearms. I have HUGE forearms and larger than normal calves, that i hardly have to train. BUT, i have huge bone structure and huge joints, both are not something a competing bodybuilder wants as it doesn't look as good on muscle insertion points and generally makes me look less defined.

I think you can look at your parents and get an idea. Look at their build, their bone structure, look at yours. Look at your dads shoulders, look at the width of your shoulders compared to your back/lats. Look at your back, its thickness. Look at other pro's other competitors and try to get a baseline comparison.

There are few people who can be a top teir competitor.. it's hugely based on genetics.. i think you'd know if you were jacked at 17 and hadn't touched a damn weight.. maybe just played some sports and that was enough to stimulate incredible muscle growth.

the reason i attribute genetics so highly to the top guys is because there are plenty of people out there who train just as hard and eat just as much but will never look like that.. there's a reason it's always the same guys in the top bracket.. these are the dude's that train incredibly hard AND have the genetics to support it. :coffee:

drrman said:
not necessarily on the calved and forearms. I have HUGE forearms and larger than normal calves, that i hardly have to train. BUT, i have huge bone structure and huge joints, both are not something a competing bodybuilder wants as it doesn't look as good on muscle insertion points and generally makes me look less defined.

I think you can look at your parents and get an idea. Look at their build, their bone structure, look at yours. Look at your dads shoulders, look at the width of your shoulders compared to your back/lats. Look at your back, its thickness. Look at other pro's other competitors and try to get a baseline comparison.

bro I got small bones and wrists, weak joints, I hate it. Small forearms , big calves. Sometimes I think the size of my wrists and forearms start to limit my benchpress max.

Top Bottom