Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

General TRT status and diet question

Starting out 13 weeks ago, my test level was at about 300, but free test was low enough that I could qualify. At week 6 was at 1100 and added deca 200ml/week (at same facility).

During the initial weeks of test, strength and size came back soooooo much faster than trying to regain without it. Got out of weightlifting due to an injury about 20 years ago. Was never super strong, but could do 400 bench for about 3 reps.

Now, getting back into it, I was struggling with 170 for 8 reps, but at about week 6 of test, I did 300 for 6 reps, which is also when I started Deca.

Pumps were super painful but fun with the first weeks of deca (not sure if related), but strength and size gains have really slowed down.

Did more bloodwork at week 10, test was down to 880, which nurse said was normal when adding deca. Estrogen was up a bit so she added anastrozole at 1/2 tab per week.

Currently at week 13, 5 workouts per week, mild cardio at 25 min x 4 week.

I blissfully hoped that fat loss would have happened somewhere on it's own, but it's not budged. At about 22% bf per gym instructor's caliper calculations. 6'1" 288 LBS. Question: Currently at 2500 calories/day -- Can I drop significantly to about 1200/day to rush the process, or should I reduce slowly, like minus 200 calories/day?

I'm curious if the TRT aids in hanging on to muscle even under a huge calorie deficit and doubling the cardio -- or if I need to be just as careful and gradual with diet and cardio as I would without TRT?

Thanks!!

So you had low test, qualifying for TRT. You don't say what they gave you for it but it was enough to boost your levels to decent numbers.

They then 'added deca' (a red flag) cos I've yet to see a TRT clinic do that. I didn't say who' all by itself I said 'who adds deca and an AI on TRT?'.

TRT tends to be for life and due to low natural test levels. AI's tend NOT be needed. Mostly cos those needing TRT don't have high estrogen levels.

Truth time - it's not TRT. No one needed to add deca and without it you'd be in range. The reality is you're getting medical supervision while on cycle / blasting. Start from there.

One more thing: I'm 100% behind the idea of most people (not those on TRT) needing an AI on cycle. However, being fat or having higher than needed fat levels tends to make issues with estrogen worse.

This also explains Dylan's reply.

So you had low test, qualifying for TRT. You don't say what they gave you for it but it was enough to boost your levels to decent numbers.

They then 'added deca' (a red flag) cos I've yet to see a TRT clinic do that. I didn't say who' all by itself I said 'who adds deca and an AI on TRT?'.

TRT tends to be for life and due to low natural test levels. AI's tend NOT be needed. Mostly cos those needing TRT don't have high estrogen levels.

Truth time - it's not TRT. No one needed to add deca and without it you'd be in range. The reality is you're getting medical supervision while on cycle / blasting. Start from there.

One more thing: I'm 100% behind the idea of most people (not those on TRT) needing an AI on cycle. However, being fat or having higher than needed fat levels tends to make issues with estrogen worse.

This also explains Dylan's reply.

Thanks SteveMobsterG -- I hope this clarifies... responses are underlined:

So you had low test, qualifying for TRT. You don't say what they gave you for it but it was enough to boost your levels to decent numbers. 140mg/cyp

They then 'added deca' (a red flag) cos I've yet to see a TRT clinic do that. I didn't say who' all by itself I said 'who adds deca and an AI on TRT?'. The center that I use offers this as an option provided all bloodwork is in order after 6 weeks. They'll do 10 weeks on, three times a year max, checking bloodwork as they go. I'll pm you a link to the center if you would like (not sure if I can post on the forum). They are in 2 states that I know of, doing very well for several years that I know of.

TRT tends to be for life and due to low natural test levels. AI's tend NOT be needed. Mostly cos those needing TRT don't have high estrogen levels. My estrogen level was still in range, but showed an upward trend by week 6 of cyp, so a .5 tab, once weekly was added. Bloodwork at week 10 showed that it lowered back to where it began.

Truth time - it's not TRT. No one needed to add deca and without it you'd be in range. The reality is you're getting medical supervision while on cycle / blasting. Start from there. Probably wasn't "needed", but it was an available option that I pursued as the discussion boards always seem to hype it's positive affects on joint issues, which I'm having a few minor issues with. I'm at week 7 of 10 on 200/mg week and can confirm the difference.

This also explains Dylan's reply

Got it -- thanks

Top Bottom