Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

General Bulking vs Cutting Cycle Guidelines

Riker29

I have a few question that I think we should clarify for everyone's sake. By all means, this is MY understanding, if I am wrong - PLEASE tell me.

We (at least the new guys) tend to generalize that many AS's are either of a cutting type of bulking type. Test tends to be though of for bulking for example.

However it appears that more and more, we hear of people using Test in cutting cycles as well.

Now, I know that although Test MAY (may...... argue that pt if incorrect) be used for either, there are some AS (or substances generally referred to in that category) that really ARE better at one of the other. Anadrol and DBol are basically for bulking, for example, Winny for cutting .....

But I am wondering, when it comes to Test for example, what truly does determine whether we are seeing bulking or cutting results in a cycle?

Is it the following (or a combination thereof):

Diet - simple caloric measures to determine whether the AS is promoting growth (lots of cals), or basically helping us to maintain mass while operating at a caloric deficit?

Weight Training Style - varying the style of training. Like for bulking, low reps, train to failure with heavy weights, ..... for cutting higher reps., lower weight, etc.

Cardio - Don't do it for bulking, do it for cutting.

Something else? - Maybe the other AS that are done along with Test for example (i.e. DECA vs EQ, or Winny, etc).

I am wondering about all this - WHAT REALLY DOES MAKE A BULKING CYCLE A BULKING CYCLE, AND A CUTTING CYCLE A CUTTING CYCLE??

Oh come on ... this is a great question.

Or is it that most board members have MTV-Generation attention spans, and any question or issue longer than 2 sentences exceeds their ability to concentrate?

Diet is the difference between bulking and cutting cycles.
Test is used because, well dammit it's test :D , and test is the best. Also if you are using winny, or fina your nat test will be shut down leaving you without any in your system and feeling pretty shitty.
Gotta go my fav video is on;)

It's as simple as diet. Diet determines cutting from bulking.

Cutting-Hypocaloric state(using more energy than you consume)
Bulking-Hypercaloric(surpassing energy needs through ingested food)

If you are using more energy than you consume you will loose weight. Fat will be burned to meet energy needs of the body. However, muscle can and will also be used to carry out vital body functions. That's where AS comes into the picture. Anabolics will protect the muscles from being catabolized and used for energy. Any anabolic will do this. Test is very strong so it has the capabilities to protect the muscles from the hostile environment created by dieting. Dbol will work while cutting. Anadrol will work. Any anabolic will do the trick. There is no specific cutting drug or bulking drug. Tey are all derivitives of testosterone. Certain drugs cause water retention thus obscuring the cuts...Thats why aromitizing steroids(more androgenic) are bypassed for more strictly anabolic compounds. Test is great for cutting as it is quite powerfull at preserving muscle. Water can be deal with rather effectively through ancilary drugs. Diet is the deciding factor while bulking or cutting. To loose weight you must be using more calories than you consume. To gain weight you must be consuming more energy than you use. I am of the belief that training should never change. I completely disagree with high reps while cutting. Higher reps means lighter weight which means less stimulation to the muscle. I keep it under 6 reps while dieting to preserve the mass that's there. In order for the muscle to maintain it's form and function it must be used. When you cut back on the weight you don't need that muscle so it will atrophy to a point dictated by poundage used...Less weight, less of a need for the muscle. You have to create a need to have those muscle...cutting back on weight sends the signal there is no need for all that muscle. Higher reps does not bring out cuts...Muscle size does. Often cardio also dictates whether one is cutting or bulking. Cardio burns energy thus helping to create or add to the caloric deficit. This means more fat must be used for energy needs. In the end though...It's all about the diet.

i have to disagree

i've been bulking and cutting pretty much alternatively with my cycles for about five years now
and i recently began doing twenty rep sets for all bodyparts except calves (for which i do fifty reps)
i DEFINATELY noticed more definition coming out in my muscles, and i wasn't "fat" by any means before
my diet was basically the same, and i had always been a proponent of the "heavy weights" mentality as well
maybe it was just because i never took my reps above ten before, and this was such a shock to my system, that it worked
the thing is, on a quad day and a chest day i took the weights that i was doing before for ten reps and it was way easier - thus i had to have gotten stronger doing this
i truly believe that you can stimulate the muscle adequately with lighter weights provided that you keep the intensity high

Top Bottom