Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fukin shin splints!! grrrrr!!!

drum n bass

Who knows how to get rid of these fukin things... ever since i finished a sus/dec which was 2 months ago... i've been getting these fukin shin splints everytime i do cardio :bawling: !! I was told that it might be because of the added weight that the tendons in the shins are not adapted. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

avoid high-impact cardio, ice them, take some ibuprofen(or use ibuprofen creme) and you'll be okay although they do take a while to go away. try non/low-impact cardio like bicycling or better yet swimming. i added some arch supports to my running shoes and that helped too. other than that there's really not all that much you can do.

I remember reading somewhere that if you put a small weight and set it on the end of your foot & toes, keeping your heel on the ground and raising the front of your foot will build that muscle. The motion is kinda like your tapping to the beat of a song.

After my first cycle I thought I had shin splints every time I did cardio my shins would kill, to the point I couldn't even stand on them. I went to the doc and he game me some high amount of ibuprofin and said it was inflamtion of the muscle. I had it on both shins. I don't remember how many mg of ibuporfin he gave me to take.

I had shin splints bad a few years ago.

I went to the dr. and was told about the weight on the foot, and to run backwards on the treadmill at an incline for a few mins a day. They both worked for me.
The key is to build up the shin muscles so they are balances with the calves.
Shoes also can help out. Stay away from the ones with air pockets in the soles.

Tibialis Raises

A while back I had a really bad injury that kept me out of the gym for months. I was playing frisbee of all things in some high grass...jumped up to catch the frisbee and came down on a steel pipe sticking straight up out of the ground. The top of the pipe was just like a serrated steak knife. Severed my tibialis (the muscle that runs down your shin). The bast thing you can do is stretch it everyday and work it out twice a week just like calves. Put as big a plate as you can lift on your toes and keep your heel planted firmly on the floor and try to point you toes at the ceiling. It worked wonders for me. Besides a having a big zipper on the front of my leg I'm doing pretty damn good now LOL. We all live and learn don't we?

Top Bottom