Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Frustrated on extremely low TRT dose from doc

Skinnyguy12345

I've been on TRT gel 20mg testosterone every day for around 1.5 months now. I don't feel anything, and am refused to take a new blood test until my next appointment 1 month from now. I feel really frustrated and thinking what is even the point of TRT if I am going to be receiving such a small dose and feel like shit anyway. Transdermals are known to only absorb 10%, so that means I am effectively getting 2mg testosterone every day. That is insanely low, why has he even bothered giving me with such a small dose??

I'm a young guy, 23 years old with symptoms of low test, and my pre-TRT test was around 300-350 ng/dl TT. I've been on fortesta 2% gel, 2 pumps a day (1g), which is 20mg testosterone.

Any ideas what I should do going forwards with my doc? Scared of getting addicted to TRT and not even getting any benefits.

I want to push for injections, but here we have only nebido (I'm sadly in Europe and not US). Supposedly it should be good if you can get it injected often enough, but still how do I even get this doc to give me injections when all he wants is give me this tiny dose?? Any advice is appreciated.

And also, should I try to self medicate with a higher gel dose a couple weeks going against my doctors advice? Just to see if it works and I get an effect? Cuz right now I don't feel like TRT works at all, been really demotivated about the whole thing, getting backed to feeling depressed lethargic etc. after being super hyped about this TRT stuff just to find out it did nothing for me.

Tell him you are scared of transferring you gel to other people and that you also don't believe you are absorb8ng all the gel. Tell him you want I'M testosterone. It's your body, you can tell him what you want. Doctors are there to help you, but you have a say in your treatment as much as he does. It's a 2 way street. If he still doesn't listen get a new doctor.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

yes you will become reliant on TRT for life. this is a decision you shouldn't take lightly, you are only 23. unless you have a medical reason for needing TRT it isn't something you should just do cause you don't feel good.

just cause your test levels go up doesn't mean you will automatically feel good.. if it was simply your low test levels causing issues then that makes sense, but it could be something else

Thanks for the replies guys.

Rstimy- Thanks for the suggestion, yeah on my next appointment I'm definitely pushing for injections.

SteveMobsterG- Actually from what I've read you only absorb 10% of the gel anyway, so that means I'm getting 14mg / week... :confused:

Stevesmi- I have not taken this decision lightly. I've had symptoms all my adult life and been doing research the last half year. I decided to push for TRT when I realised I only have 300 ng/dl and all the symptoms. My doctor agreed to try it, but the problem is he gave me a very tiny dose, resulting in me getting around 14mg exogenous testosterone a week, and it's definitely not enough for me to be able to notice the therapeutical benefits from having a higher T level. I'll do a blood test in a month and then know for sure, but I'm positive that my levels cannot be much higher than they were initially.

I would have liked to be able to test the gel at a much higher dose before doing the injection to be sure I get the therapeutical effect I desire. The only injectable we have available here is Nebido (Testosterone Undecanoate), which has a really long half life, and it would be better to test the gel properly first. I mean, I could up the dose myself, he prescribed enough so that it's possible for me to do that without going empty. So I've been thinking if I should try to up the dose from 20mg to 60mg a day for a couple of weeks and see if I notice anything before pushing for injections. Probably just going to stick to the 20mg though for the last month before my blood test and then push directly for injections after that.

^^^ ya know this probably isn't the best advice for you but if i were in your shoes I would just do self TRT. test isn't expensive, needles aren't expensive either.. you could save yourself a lot of headache just going the self TRT route if no doctor is willing to help you

my point before was that your symptoms could easily be related to other problems like depression or just bad luck. not every 23 year old is made to be huge. your name on here is 'skinnyguy' so i take it you are skinny. well some guys just are skinny and some are fat. it is something you need to work hard to overcome. not everyone is born to be a jock. not everyone was born to have 1000 test levels and be 6 feet tall 230 pounds at 8% body fat ripped. some guys are just going to have lower test levels, just like how some chicks have body hair or have wide shoulders or small tits. it is sometimes hard to fight genetics

btw i was probably skinnier than you when i was younger, i grew out of it by forcing myself to eat food and i ended up teaching myself to use food as a weapon to gain mass. now that I am older my view on food has changed to something different. perspective is so important in life. you hate the way you are now, but most guys your age hate themselves for being overweight. go figure

PS: i know for a fact my test levels went up in my 20's when i started eating right and getting into shape. weight training does boost hormones in the body so does eating organic and a good quality balanced diet. i had lower test levels at 21 than i did at 28 before i ever touched steroids. all because i was in way better shape both mentally and physically at 28.

Last edited:
^^^ ya know this probably isn't the best advice for you but if i were in your shoes I would just do self TRT. test isn't expensive, needles aren't expensive either.. you could save yourself a lot of headache just going the self TRT route if no doctor is willing to help you

my point before was that your symptoms could easily be related to other problems like depression or just bad luck. not every 23 year old is made to be huge. your name on here is 'skinnyguy' so i take it you are skinny. well some guys just are skinny and some are fat. it is something you need to work hard to overcome. not everyone is born to be a jock. btw i was probably skinnier than you when i was younger, i grew out of it by forcing myself to eat food and i ended up teaching myself to use food as a weapon to gain mass. now that I am older my view on food has changed to something different. perspective is so important in life. you hate the way you are now, but most guys your age hate themselves for being overweight. go figure

I've been telling the guys in the Aussie section that for days ha ha.

Yeah...agree with Steve....why go to a doctor when you can do it yourself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom