Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

free testosterone levels or total test levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the*_Rat

I had a blood test done the other week for various functions. My testosterone level came back at 71. Doctor said this was double the normal amount for 21-40 years of age. It was all said very quickly to me over the phone. I hear most people on this board talking about normal levels being 300-1000. 71 would be very low. Maybe it was free levels? He's on vaca this week. I'll have to call him when he gets back.

If you heard him right its VERY low! I'm not sure whats correct, because from what I've seen diff labs use diff minimums, but an MD friend who's an endocrinologist told me 1000 - 1200's good, and over 1500's high.

That's very normal for most post-cycles
I used a cycle of 6 weeks only including Deca, Primoteston & Primobolan last year, HCG used at week 6-7 and Clomid at week 8-9 with a dosages of 50mg/day
10days later I did a blood test for total Testosterone level, results was just 60ng/dl while normal levels are 300-1050ng/dl

There are two different testosterone readings. One is TOTAL...the reference reange for that is 300-1100ng/dl. The other reading is FREE...I'm not sure of the reference range by age but that is most likely the one he gave you if you had the test done with substrate in your system.

He was talking free test normals for a male 25-40 yrs are 16-41 so you are almost double @ 71

speaking of low testosterone levels.... I wondered how much to worry about a total testosterone level of 33, with free level of 1.0? - extremely symptomatic - past year having dramatically increasing symptoms. Besides the no-labido, no energy, high triglicerides, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, severe ra, ... I've also noticed cycles of extreme sleepiness. For instance, if an extreme thing happens to my husband causing extreme physical stress, it's not uncommon for him to go into a semi-comatose state for days. The last occurance was a week and half ago. He had callous removed from his bunions to uncover the underlying pressure ulcer. (he's 53 if that matters - hx of heart attacks too) The pain was more than he could bear and upon getting home he went to bed and didn't really wake for 5 days. It was all I could do to wake him enough each day for minimal nurishment and bathroom one time - had him in er last thursday from it and they did so many tests, everything normal but the testosterone... but they aren't treating it yet? Isn't it at critical levels? All the doc did was take him off half his scripts, figuring the sleepiness was from the meds. He wouldn't listen to me that I've watched him do this repeatedly in cycles, getting worse each time. I'm afraid the next time he'll either go into a full coma, or die! And can't get him into an endocrinologist till Tuesday! That seems like so long a time.

Even though this thread is anciet may as well clear some things up, the numbers your tossing around are irrelevant without knowing the unit of measure. For example a total test number of about 21 nmol/L is approx the same as 600 ng/dl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom