Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flagged by Western Union?

Ruca

Is it possible to be personally flagged by Western Union, where for example, you can't pay for shirts or anything else that you want to pay for coming from another country? I've heard of people trying to make payments for stuff they bought on Ebay for example, and WU won't process the payment. Does anyone have experience with this? Is your info with WU confidential?

Yes is very possible , it happend to me! I was receiving funds(wkly) via WU. For a while until one day when they told me to go some other place bcuase I had to many transaccions.
Use another name they don't check I'd's to send funds just to receive it.

Yes is very possible , it happend to me! I was receiving funds(wkly) via WU. For a while until one day when they told me to go some other place bcuase I had to many transaccions.
Use another name they don't check I'd's to send funds just to receive it.

You can have sender wave use of ID and make a hidden question and answer instead.

I'm talking more about this type of situation....
If you were ordering some shirts from overseas...Paid via WU online (maybe not the best idea?)...and they asked you a bunch of questions about how you know the shirt factory, what colors you are getting, etc...then told you that factory has been flagged and they can not process the transaction. Even though it's obviously legal...I wonder if they would tell anybody in particular that you were trying to buy some shirts from overseas? American Apparel is just so expensive these days! ;p

I'm talking more about this type of situation....
If you were ordering some shirts from overseas...Paid via WU online (maybe not the best idea?)...and they asked you a bunch of questions about how you know the shirt factory, what colors you are getting, etc...then told you that factory has been flagged and they can not process the transaction. Even though it's obviously legal...I wonder if they would tell anybody in particular that you were trying to buy some shirts from overseas? American Apparel is just so expensive these days! ;p

Got you! Ask the 3rd party for another name , explain the situation or find another source...

Yes it happens, and if you send money to a "frozen" receiver, they hold your money and you have to call, fill out some paperwork a wait for a reimbursement NOT from the Western Union location you sent the funds from, but from WU corporate.

Don't ask how I know... lol

Moneygram has been doing this more than WU, and it's more common when you use MG or WU online. Local branches in liquor stores seem to not be an issue as much. I suppose it has to do with you being there, cash in hand.

Yes, very possible for WU or MG to flag a name. Usually if you have collected $8K or more they start to ask questions. You can swithc names and use a test question and answer to receive as long as its under $1000 with WU and under about $800 for MG

So in other words sources should never single MG payments of more than 800 dollars? And should ask for multiple MG's to cover the cost of it is over 800 dollars? If you buy the MG at wal mart you can put up to 1100 on a single one, so you can see how this could be possible.

So in other words sources should never single MG payments of more than 800 dollars? And should ask for multiple MG's to cover the cost of it is over 800 dollars? If you buy the MG at wal mart you can put up to 1100 on a single one, so you can see how this could be possible.

Exactly, sometimes MG will let you get away with $899 or less with no ID, but most of the time they bitch if it is over $800 and you try to use a test question and answer. Keep it below $800 with MG and below $1000 with WU

Top Bottom