Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

female and nolvadex question

granby140

I know a girl who is looking to cut fat and lean out a bit. I used nolva on its own and have noticed a major change in body fat. It has dropped significantly. Would this also work and be safe for her to use?

If she is on the pill or the patch or depo prevera I do not know if I would advise it. If not 10 mg a day should help reduce estrogenic fat. She may notice an increase in vaginal discharge just so she knows.

Quad

thanks alot quad. She needs all the help she can get. She stopped all physical activity and is just getting back into it and is well fat.

i could be wrong but i think Tamoxifen blocks estrogen at the receptor... it doesnt reduce overall estrogen in the body.... in fact it could actually INCREASE estrogen production...

to reduce estrogen in a female... get a fertility drug like femara...

ProteinFiend said:
i could be wrong but i think Tamoxifen blocks estrogen at the receptor... it doesnt reduce overall estrogen in the body.... in fact it could actually INCREASE estrogen production...

to reduce estrogen in a female... get a fertility drug like femara...
although i have heard anectotal reports of this working, i still doubt that femara will do anything significant in a young woman. Femara like all other aromatase inhibitors like Arimidex or Aromasin block the aromatase enzyme from converting testosterone into estrogen. This works in men and post-menopausal women, who produce estrogen entirely though aromatase (and this mostly in adipose tissue). Pre-menopausal females produce the bulk of their estrogen in the ovaries and finished estrogen enters the bloodstream and aromatase plays no role anymore. Therefore Femara et al must not be used in treatment of breast cancer in pre-menopausal women (who still have their ovaries of course).
Of course, every woman produces a miniscule amount of testosterone, mostly in the adrenal gland, and for this amount the conversion to estrogen can be inhibited. If that is enough to lead to a change in body composition i don't know. If that leads to an increased production of estrogen in the ovaries i also don't know but it should be expected: Femara leads to increased testosterone production in men because LH increases; increased LH in women raises estrogen production.
So i would say that aromatase inhibitors are useless in young women but it would be interesting if it is proven otherwise.

If tamoxifen helps something i would also highly doubt because while it acts as a competitor for estrogen receptors in breast tissue is acts estrogenic in other places. and the body's own estrogen, that cannot exert its effects in breast tissue will go elsewhere in the body to send its signals. some women do report a gain in weight when using tamoxifen actually; read: http://www.susanlovemd.com/community/questions/question000714.htm

i dont think femara is an aromatase inhibitor... it stops (or lessens) estrogen production in the body... rather... bromocriptine (and proviron?) are aromatase inhibitors...

Top Bottom