Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

FBI's Carnivore System....

Parabola

Im sure most of the people here know about the FBI's Carnivore email system...im just wondering if they can check emails from ziplip and cyber-rights and places?

The way I like to look at things is like this. You didn't know about the stealth bomber until years after, not everything is kept public. I'm sure they can crack ziplip in seconds.

uh..MacDBOL...the Carnivore system is real...they even admitted it...supposedly only certain "keywords" set it off tho...i dont buy that tho

Parabola said:
uh..MacDBOL...the Carnivore system is real...they even admitted it...supposedly only certain "keywords" set it off tho...i dont buy that tho

He knows bro. They have better shit than the Carnivore system. Can I prove it? No, but its like everything else..........

yeah they have it. when rumors about this first hit some smart-ass at Exeter purposely wrote a bunch of e-mails with the trigger words (they might have even been in harmless combinations), and the feds checked up on him.

I heard from a techie buddy that all commercial encryption software is accessable to the government...the companies/individuals producing them MUST submit a backdoor key, or be imprisoned. So, the government doesn't have to 'hack' the encryptions....they can just waltz right in and read away effortlessly if they really want to.

Parabola said:
but ZipLip is overseas...so it doesnt have to comply with the US Gov...correct?

Correct- any server on the net that has an IP address that is NOT registered in the US only muct comply with whatever laws exist in their home country. However, if the encryption software that drives that site was written in the US, then it is also my understanding that by law the creator of the encryption algorythim must provide (the way i heard it) ON REQUEST a backdoor key. I understand that the only way they have to hand the key over is if the gvmt has something on somebody, and believe that they may be able to get further information for their case from info he/she has encrypted then they can go and ask the person who wrote the software to hand it over.

If any of this is wrong please correct me, i'm not a programmer so I really dont know the laws regarding writing encryption algo's that well other then what my programmer friends have told me.

Bern

Top Bottom