Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fat loss only occurs from more muscle/more metabolism...

Behemoth

Aberration
Platinum
if that be true than im in serious need of some direction.
I weigh 288 pounds. A good friend said that equipoise would take the fat off. Ive got a good sound base of muscle....205 lean mass...but im blubber butt here. Someone point me in the right direction.

It is true that each lb. of lean mass burns about 30 calories per day at rest. Therefore, increasing lean mass increases metabolism = the rate at which your body burns calories.

However, at that level of bodyfat I would concentrate on losing the fat, not gaining more muscle. As you mentioned, 205 lbs. of lean mass is quite a bit. AS like equipoise do not "burn fat" per se (although there is some evidence that testosterone and anavar may increase fat loss), but they will help to preserve muscle while losing fat.

In my opinion, the most fundamental and reliable way to lean up is to combine weight training with frequent cardio sessions. It has been shown that doing both types of exercise is the fastest way to lose fat. Cardio alone burns muscle. Weights alone don't burn enough fat.

I would lift at least 3 times per week, working each part once per week.

Cardio - do as much as you can handle without burning yourself out. Interval training has been shown to be very good for burning fat, since your body temp and metabolism stay elevated for hours after you finish. I think there is some merit to the am cardio on an empty stomach theory. A similar effect can be had by doing cardio after lifting, when glycogen is depleted.

I think you should aim to create a significant daily caloric deficit. Meaning burn somewhere between 500-1000 more calories than you consume. You want to keep protein high and cut carbs, especially refined flours and simple sugars. Avoid saturated fats. Drink tons of water.

Thermos like the ephedrine/caffiene/(aspirin or yohimbe) stack are quite effective in raising body temp and metabolism. T3 works great but should not be used without AS and a high protein diet. T3 with clenbuterol or e/c/a and AS is really frigging potent.

Low carb diets also can be very effective if you are up to it. Don't do atkins since staying in ketosis for weeks at a time will burn muscle. Do some research on a variation with weekend carb ups, like bodyopus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom