Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Extremely Sore Elbows... but there's a catch...?!?!? Need Advice!

turbo420a

Hey there, as the post said... I'm having serious trouble with both of my elbows. I've been away at college for approximately 5 weeks now, and my elbows have been hurting ever since my first tricep workout at school. I've been lifting regularly for approximately 2 years with no clue why this would be happening only now. I didn't hurt either elbow during a workout or anything...

I wake up in the AM and both elbows are extremely tight and sore.. HERE's THE WEIRD PART... On tricep day in the gym... My first set is absolutely excruciating no matter how much weight I use... Say Skull-Crushers or Extentions... Even if I'm warming up with lighter weight.. it's extremely painful almost to the point where I debate quiting. (which I stubbornly refuse to do). Anyway, back to the weird part... If I tough through the pain for say 2 to 3 sets, then I can work out PAIN FREE for the entire remainder of my workout... !?!?!

Needless to say, I'm extremely confused by it... Any advice would be helpful. - I just want to be able to work Triceps without the excruciating startup pain... and obviously it'd be nice not having them so sore in the AM.

Oh, and I'm taking Fishoil/Flaxseed Oil to try and help with the joint lubrication... It's not helping even after upping the dosage.

Normal Supplements:
Animal Pump (preworkout), Animal Nitro (BCAA's), Fishoil/flaxseed oil, Whey Protein, Glutamine

Thanks for any advice you may have.......

Start taking some Glucosamine Chrondroitin with MSM

also I would suggest to stop working out for a week. Do cardio or leg workouts but leave your arms alone just do some light stretching EOD

Man, I was afraid that might be the advice I would get. I'm a really hard gainer, and to lose a weeks worth will really set me back... But, I understand if I don't that I could hurt myself even worse... Was just hoping not to hear that! But thanks for the reply! I'm going to look in to that glucosamine right now...

jeepboi said:
Start taking some Glucosamine Chrondroitin with MSM

also I would suggest to stop working out for a week. Do cardio or leg workouts but leave your arms alone just do some light stretching EOD

Well.. It's been a week and I layed off any type of tricep exercise... I don't have pain in the AM when I wake up but if I put any pressure on my tri's my elbows still pain immediately... both elbows! What gives? Any other advice? Anyone?

i don"t know if this will help but i had a problem a bit like that but it was in my knee only in my left knee and the thing i done was used a mucle relaxer
and i know this is easy to say but try not to think about it sometimes it can make it worse and in a week with out my knee getting at me (thinking about it) the problem when away, no problem since. try to forget about it
give it a try

yeah turbo,i got the same problem. there's some tricep exercises i Don't even try to do anymore. i got some tight rubber sleeves for elbows that help somewhat. get them at a sporting goods store, maybe wlmart. that and a whole lotta warmup. whole lot. and of course the best thing would be to lay off 'em awhile. i hate hearing that too, but sometimes..............

same thing here bro. ive been taking it easy on the weight and doing a good warm up before lifting. thruout the day i also rub in some muscle rub and the heat seems to help. at first did you ice the area???

I am having this problem also but it is only in my left elbow. I cant even do curls without having some sort of support sleeve on but tricep extension and skull crushers kill even with the sleeve. I can feel a flicking or something like that everytime I go down and up. Is this happening to you?

Top Bottom