Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exogenous vs Endogenous Insulin?

littleguy289

Alright so, it's pretty safe to assume we all understand the anabolic function of insulin, right? My question is, if the body provides a natural insulin response directly proportional to the amount of carbs you consume, and/or you have to consume an amount of carbs commensurate to the amount of insulin you take, then what is the advantage of injecting exogenous insulin in the first place as opposed to just eating a shit ton of simple carbs and causing your body to excrete the same amount of insulin on its own?

Because there's a ceiling where your body just won't release any more insulin. My pre workout pin is 10iu currently, under no circumstances would my body ever consider releasing that much. Yes, you have to consume carbs relative to the amount of slin you take (not strictly true, there's other ways, but that's another topic) but that's not the amount of slin your body would release given the same amount of carbs

Ok that's about what I figured.

Just out of curiosity, what are the "other ways"?

There's a method to carb deplete, like allll the way down. Because evidently when you're in a carb-deficient state, your body turns protein into glycogen, it's tough to do because it calls for <50g of carbs a day and 600g+ of protein a day. Search Google, you'll find it.

Side note, I try and keeps my carbs as low as possible while not passing out while on slin, I don't need anywhere near 10g+ per iu, keeps the fat off

Oh yeah I've heard of that. I kinda fail to see the point as glucose is glucose so wherever your body gets it from wtf is the difference? Plus I tend to think that amount of protein HAS to be hard as fuck on the liver.

I'm about to mess with insulin for the first time ever. Going to start low probably ~4-6iu of 70/30, only once per day post workout, probably only 2-3 times per week, and rotating which muscle groups get the insulin each time. I've had low t for awhile now so my body composition has gotten pretty far from where I want to be. Finally getting the t issue straightened out so looking to bulk back up but while gaining as absolutely little fat as possible. If I can pull off some recomp action that would be ideal but will have to play it by ear and see how it goes.

zmyj88- when you say nowhere near 10g, like 6-7 or like 4-5? I'm planning on testing my sugar anyways just to be super safe but wondering where to start. Can't hurt.

You have to see for yourself. Always play it safe in the beginning, 10g/iu and have some candy and soda on hand just in case. I do the 10iu, eat a meal, sweet potatoes and fish, and have a 40g shake, glutamine and creayine, then hit the gym. You'll know hypo when you feel it, its unmistakeable, but you will make yourself think you're going hypo when you're not, freak out, and eat all kinds of carbs haha everybody does at least once. I find that a steady supply of nutrients the whole active window keeps me out of the danger zone. I'd reccomend the short acting too, I use the novolog. But if you have to do the Walmart thing, humulin r. And please god don't go to sleep during the active window.

It occurs to me now that slin talk is frowned upon here, pm me if you're dead set on this and need advice

I'm all for slin talk guys, but we can't on this board.... Have to obey the rules....

Zmj is on the right path tho!!!! Learn how many carbs your body can tolerate without putting u in a hypoglycemic state and eat that.... This will keep unwanted body fat off and make u ripped!!! Blood glucose monitor and simple sugar around always... If u have any questions please feel free to pm me... I currently use before every meal 6-7 times daily... Will be more than willing to explain the safe correct ways and benefits of utilizing and using insulin...

Top Bottom