Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

excersises to help a hernia?

got a small hernia to my L side. Not visibly popping out but i can feel it. I've lightened up on some stuff (squats/DL's)....but i'm a paramedic which means I'm constantly lifting and carrying heavy loads... i.e. fat people, all day. I dont think Its big enough to warrant surgery...especially so close to the summer.I was wondering if anyone knew of some excersises that could maybe pop that sucker back into place. TIA

Unfortunately, once you are diagnosed with a hernia it will not correct itself. Trusses, lying down, or restricting your activity may reduce any discomfort but will not correct the condition. The normal procedure today for most hernias is laparoscopic surgery. A very small incision [1/2 inch] is made and a camera is used to locate the gap in the abdominal wall. A piece of mesh is placed over the opening and the ends are brought together and stapled. The procedure usually takes 30-60 minutes and recovery time is just a few days. If you don't get it treated early then the opening can become larger and more serious problems may occur so have it looked at now.

Top Bottom