Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Estrogens and Anti-Estrogens

GUARDIAN

High End Bro
Platinum
Estrogens

Estrogen is the female counterpart to testosterone and is the primary hormone released by the ovaries. It is important for liver function, bones, arteries, and skin. Contrary to popular belief men ACTUALLY produce estrogen. It comes by way of special enzymes called aromatases that convert testosterone to estrogen. This process is called aromatization.

Studies involving animals have shown estrogen can demonstrate an anabolic effect in cattle and that this effect is caused by the indirect action on the pituitary which in turn causes the release of bovine growth hormone (1). There is also evidence that shows estrogen stimulate the production of testosterone receptors (2).This results in an anabolic response without increased androgens. One may thing that given this research it would be possible for estrogen to be used in bodybuilding. But it is often seen as a problem such as with its feminizing actions such as gynomastia. However the right ratio of aas to estrogen could be key to increased growth.

Being realistic men were not meant to have large amounts of estrogen in their bodies. So it is not advised to take estrogen in any form for bodybuilding purposes. Most steroid users are all too aware that aas may produce gynomastia and include ant-e drugs in their stacks.

Anti-estrogens

Nolvadex (tamoxifen citrate) – Primary mechanism of action is to compete with estrogen for estrogen receptors, thereby reducing estrogen’s feminizing effects. Drugs with this mechanism are often referred to as SERM’s (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators). Other research has found nolva to inhibit enzymes needed for testosterone production and may act like and estrogen in some individuals. Like most hormonal drugs nolvadex may produce a rebound effect when coming off the drug, i.e. estrogen levels skyrocket. Why does this rebound effect occur with SERM’s? What happens when u stop taking Nolvadex or any SERM for that matter? You have nothing competing for estrogen receptors except for estrogen. SERM's dont destroy the estrogen in your body. One added benefit of nolvadex is it also opposes the negative feedback loop that the body has with regards to estrogen and the HPTA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular-Axis), and this in turn stimulates LH (Leutenizing Hormone) and FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone). LH and FSH, in turn stimulate the release of testosterone. Clearly this is advantageous to bodybuilders and athletes coming off of a cycle, and beginning their post-cycle-therapy.
- Active life is 5-7 days.
- Average doses 50-100mg ed.
- Sides: acne, nausea, dizziness, & headaches.

Clomid (clomiphene citrate) – Another SERM with the same primary mechanism of action (compete with estrogen for estrogen receptors). Clomid, however, is much weaker than nolvadex in a mg for mg comparison, with roughly 150mgs of clomid being equal to 20mgs of nolvadex (3). Clomid, just like nolvadex, is very safe for long term treatment of lowered testosterone levels, with some studies showing its safety and efficacy for up to four months (4).
- Active life is 5-7 days.
- Average doses 50-100mg ed.
- Sides: temporary blurred vision, mood swings, acne, nausea, dizziness, & headaches.

Unfortunately SERMs are not our most effective weapon against estrogen though I personally like to use both a SERM and an AI (aromatase inhibitor) together when I experience symptoms of possible gynomastia.We now have the drugs Arimidex, Femara, and Aromasin available to us, which notably prevents estrogen from being manufactured in the first place.

COMING SOON AI’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO BE CONTINUED ONCE AGAIN.

(1) “Production Responses to Various Doses and Ratios of Estradiol Benzonate and Trenbolone Acetate Implants in Steers and Heigers,” Journal of Animal Science, 73, October 1995.

(2) Steroid Myths – The Responsible Use of Anabolic Steroids (St. John’s, Thorton Publishing 1991)

(3) Fertil Steril. 1978 Mar;29(3):320-7.

(4) Int J Impot Res. 2003 Jun;15(3):156-65.

Last edited:
8and20 said:
Estrogens

Nolvadex – Primary mechanism of action is to compete with estrogen for estrogen receptors, thereby reducing estrogen’s feminizing effects. Other research has found nolva to inhibit enzymes needed for testosterone production and may act like and estrogen in some individuals. Like most hormonal drugs nolvadex may produce a rebound effect when coming off the drug, i.e. estrogen levels skyrocket. )

Interesting, I thought nolvadex just blocks the receptor so estrogen doesnt bind and form breast tissue I didnt know it had a rebound effect if you took it while having high estrogen problems

enacer420nj said:
Interesting, I thought nolvadex just blocks the receptor so estrogen doesnt bind and form breast tissue I didnt know it had a rebound effect if you took it while having high estrogen problems

what happens when u stop taking nolvadex or any SERM for that matter? u have nothing competing for estrogen receptors except for estrogen. SERM's dont destroy the estrogen in your body.

8and20 said:
what happens when u stop taking nolvadex or any SERM for that matter? u have nothing competing for estrogen receptors except for estrogen. SERM's dont destroy the estrogen in your body.

Which is why, at best, a SERM just prolongs the inevitable. AA's (and substances that help the body repair itself) are the way to go as an essential part of PCT recovery. Good post.

Nelson Montana said:
Which is why, at best, a SERM just prolongs the inevitable. AA's (and substances that help the body repair itself) are the way to go as an essential part of PCT recovery. Good post.

Top Bottom