Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Estrogen Blockers vs Estrogen Inhibitors

DrJMW

I think it is time to clarify these again. When you use estrogen blockers during a cycle, the excess estrogen produced must be disposed of by the peripheral tissues or by the liver. Blockage is not 100% either. Nolvadex is a generic estrogen blocker, while Clomid is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM). Basically, Clomid blocks estrogen's effect in adipose and breast tissue and allows estrogen to work in bone and cardiac tissue. The problem is that the liver is being stressed because of all the free estrogen floating around, and it can't get rid of it all. When you stop taking the blocker, then a phenomenon called "estrogen rebound" may occur--which has been discussed here.

The estrogen inhibitors--Arimidex, Femara, and Aromasin--literally inhibit Aromatase. Without aromatase, there is no conversion of Test to estrogen. I have used all of these antiestrogens and I prefer the aromatase inhibitors, for they have no side effects, no "rebound", and I do not get any bloat or gyno. Why take a chance when the inhibitors are readily available.

Seems to me that most enthusiasts are more "price-sensitive" than health-sensitive. It's your body; anabolics and their ancillaries cost money. Why take chances on getting Gyno when you can virtually eliminate the possibility with the inhibitors. As the token Doc on the board, I get asked about this all the time. My clients now exclusively use Arimidex, Femara or Aromasin during a cycle..they understand the importance of minimizing risks and avoiding problems. I am sure that all of you have read the threads about getting gyno and the surgical nightmares associated with it. All of this can be avoided with careful planning and a willingness to invest in yourself.

I agree that arimidex is way to go, but it does not guarantee 100% aromatase inhibition, nor is that what we want. Small amounts of estrogen are crucial for muscle growth. However, if more than a reasonable amount of estrogen conversion occurs, nolvadex is the best choice for blocking gyno at the site of the problem.

Great post Doc.

Will Arimidex work at all post cycle instead of Clomid? I know a guy that refuses to take Clomid post cycle b/c of acne, so would he be better off with Arimidex instead of nothing? At what doses? Thanks.

Will Arimidex work at all post cycle instead of Clomid?
I am still trying to compile specific numbers, but yes, ana would be better than nothing at all. My preliminary reseacrh indicates clomid is better at promoting LH secretions and ana is better at fromoting FSH secretion.....more info on the way as I find it :)

What kind of dose would you use with Arimidex post cycle? He said he was thinking of using hcg, but I told him I had heard not to, but do you guys know why exactly? Thanks again.

BTW, does this mean that since there's really no such thing as a "Progesterone inhibitor", that you recommend that your clients stay away from Anadrol, Deca, and Fina all together ?
Actually, if I am not mistaken, those drugs dont aromatize into PR like test does into ER. They have an affinity for the PR receptor (ie they bind to the receptor) and actually activate it like PR would. So, the reason there are no "Progesterone inhibitor" as you put it is because there is no conversion to block. So in that situation, blocking the receptor is good enough.

Top Bottom