Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

EPA/DHA.....optimal amounts?

JG1

Been taking fish oil caps now for about 4 months...using the NOW brand double strength Super EPA.

My daily totals of EPA are 3960mg, and 2640mg of DHA (6600mg Omega 3's). Are these amounts optimal for fat loss and cardiovascular health?

Difficult to answer question cause everyone is different - but that sounds like plenty to me. As long as there are no adverse effects, those are healthy amounts, certainly more than most people get. Read Sears book The Omega Zone for more data. The only issue Sears would have with your dosage is you are not taking pharmaceutical grade and thus there is potential for exposing yourself to contaminants. I take Sears stuff and it costs a small fortune, cause the other stuff bothered my stomach. So if you don't have any stomach issues I would probably not worry about it, if it's molecularly distilled at least.

That's a good one bro, I use the same one. I don't know how much fat loss you'll see, however, that dose you're using I feel is a little high. I think all you need is 800mg EPA/600mg DHA ed. These, at high doses, will interfere with your bloods ability to clot, in a similar way that aspirin will, so best not over do it. Take a look at Perilla Oil, also high in Omega 3, for added cv support via EFA'a. I've been reading some good stuff on this, it's worth looking into. Take care bud.

Top Bottom