Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

effects of water ret. on bodyfat readings?

Cannibal

I remember being 215lbs at 16% bf on my last mass cycle. On my current cycle I am 224lbs at 21.6% bf. Friends tell me that I look pretty lean, can the water retention from gear such as D-bol, sus, and deca cause higher bodyfat percentages?

Water retention under the skin will have a dramatic impact on body fat readings. It looks and feels like fat for the most part. If a reading is taken via calipers they can't disipher the difference. A lot of times when people bulk heavily for the first time and then think they are gaining fat very quickly it is water. Many guys have quit a bulking cycle within two or three weeks because they balooned up with water but thought it was fat.

How would the water retention act on those electronic bodyfat scales? I have been wondering this myself. Is the water stored as fat or muscle?

Don't even use the electronic bf scales. The electrical impedience method for measuring bodyfat is complete bullshit. I've come out at 10% or under using calipers on a number of different occasions. I stood on one of those electrical impedience scales and came out at 20%. I'm a guy with a six pack so I know that shit is wrong. Just my opinion though. Anyone out there put any faith into the electrical method?

My gym has one of those hand held eletronic gizmo's. I'm not lean by any means, calipers usually say I'm at 16-17%, the electronic thingy says about 22%. I know that the difference is not that much, but when you're taking this stuff seriously, that much variance is TOO MUCH. I thought that the high reading was from the gear and water retention, that's why I originally posted this question. But know I'm thinking that I better check again with the calipers!

Thanks to those of you that replied.

Top Bottom