Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Effect of clenbuterol on growth and body composition during food restriction in rats.

Big Johnson

This study is interesting.

From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8880429&dopt=Abstract

Effect of clenbuterol on growth and body composition during food restriction in rats.

Cardoso LA, Stock MJ.

Instituto de Investigacao Cientifica Tropical, CVZ, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, Lisboa, Portugal.

Clenbuterol was administered as a dietary admixture (4 mg/kg diet) to three groups of male Wistar rats (n = 8) housed individually in metabolism cages and fed for 15 d at 110, 160, and 235% (ad libitum) of estimated requirement for energy maintenance. Untreated groups at each level of energy intake were also included. There was no effect of clenbuterol on food intake in the ad libitum group, but the drug produced significant increases in body weight, feed efficiency, and carcass weight, dressing and protein content at all three levels of energy intake. This effect of clenbuterol was particularly noticeable in the restricted animals. Clenbuterol caused changes in body composition (increased percentage of water and protein, decreased percentage of fat) in the ad libitum rats but had no effect in the restricted groups. The reduction in the growth of the viscera caused by energy restriction was not affected by clenbuterol, apart from in the 110% restricted group, where the gastrointestinal tract was 26% heavier in the clenbuterol-treated rats. The results show that the growth anabolic actions of clenbuterol can be sustained and may be even more marked in rats fed restrictively than in those given ad libitum access to feed.

PMID: 8880429 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

That is an interesting read. But I think that the problem with comparing the effects in rats to those in humans lies in the different concentration of the various beta-receptors. Humans have less beta-3 receptors than rats do they not? And I believe that the muscle-building effects observed come from clen's binding to beta-3 receptors. Feel free to flame me or correct me though.:)

Nathan, I also remember reading somewhere humans have little to no beta-3 receptors.

Read it - thanks E2. You seem pretty pissed off already so I'm kinda afraid to ask if you might explain to me how our receptor concentrations and such differ from animals (not that I'm doubting you - please don't hit me)? Again, please don't hurt me, I assure you that I'm not worth it...hehe.:)

All animals are slightly different. Take fina for example, works great in cows and horses, but doesnt do shit for pigs. After all if we werent different from rats, we would be rats....or they would be human :)....hehe

Top Bottom