Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating late and/or waking up to eat

nygiants

EF Logger
EF VIP
7 meals a day. i don't know about you, but not enough hours in the day. I get 5 in without a problem. I get home from the gym 10-11PM most nights. I have a protein drink at least. and ill usually have a full meal about an hour later at 10-11PM...head to bed around 12am

Q1. Is it cool to eat that late and then go to bed?

Q2. Waking yourself from a dead sleep to get meal 6 or 7 in?

In both cases im talking something small. 300-400 calories,,40g protein...no sugar..low carbs

nygiants said:
7 meals a day. i don't know about you, but not enough hours in the day. I get 5 in without a problem. I get home from the gym 10-11PM most nights. I have a protein drink at least. and ill usually have a full meal about an hour later at 10-11PM...head to bed around 12am

In both cases im talking something small. 300-400 calories,,40g protein...no sugar..low carbs

I know how that can be, working out late. I've had workouts that have lasted until after 12. And I knew I would pay the next day but that pump - I couldn't leave it.

I don't normally wake up to eat. It messes up my sleep and/or digestion. I fart too much as it is.

I did once have fasting blood work done at 12:30pm, several hrs after being awake. FWIW, my BUN was high-normal. Fasting.

I wake up every three or four hours to eat if I don't I can't sleep. I keep thinking about food until I eat something, usually tuna or a pbj.

nygiants said:

Being a natural ectomorph, I had to eat 1000 + calorie meals before bedtime for years to gain weight.
Now I just mix a Met-Rx (original formula) with 3 1/2 cups skim milk, and flax oil (700 calories), then take a few chugs off of it every time I wake up to use the bathroom.

I will usually have a can of tuna or eat some chicken B-4 igo to sleep. If U eat every 2 hours its not hard to squeez in 6 meals a day. just eat till u feel full dont over do it.

I only sleep 3-4 hours a day.but i make a protein drink in case i wake up.drink it then go back to bed.weekends i catch up on sleep anywhere from 12-16 hours straight.i have to eat P.B. and protein drink at least twice during this time.ive litterally lost seven lbs in a 16 hour sleep.

nygiants said:

if you're bulking this is cool - if you're cutting, the late nite meals should prolly be zero carbs - reason being that insulin will suppress/reduce the hgh pulse that you would normally get when you go into deep sleep.

I get 8 meals in but i workout at lunch. My last meal is usually a shake before bed. Sometimes I fall asleep before my bedtime and I often wake up to go to the bathroom around 2am. I will drink it then. It helps keep me in an anabolic state. I have this shake whether I am dieting or not. It has not affect on unecessary fat gain. You can control your other meals if u r worried about that,

nygiants said:

gunnz said:
I will usually have a can of tuna or eat some chicken B-4 igo to sleep. If U eat every 2 hours its not hard to squeez in 6 meals a day. just eat till u feel full dont over do it.

lol i bet your fun to sleep next too...eggs are a better choice

My schedule is very similar, get home late from the gym, eat late, go to bed around midnight or so. I eat every 2-3 hours religiously during the day.

My last "meal" right before bed is a casein + fish oil (or olive oil) shake + fiber. If trying to take in extra calories, I'll eat a tablespoon of ANPB as well.

I tend to wake up in the middle of the night to take a leak, so that's usually a good time to throw down another shake (preferrably casein). It's good to keep the body fueled during sleep.

Top Bottom