Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dutasteride, We may have been wrong! Macro Ulter, and anyone on Dutasteride

The_Chemist

A Dr recently linked me to this study showing significantly reduced sperm counts in men taking dutasteride. This effect was not found in men taking finasteride. After reading this, im going to get a sperm test to make sure, and ill post the results next week.

If you access http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic4/avodart_ad.htm, you will read that “The effects of dutasteride 0.5 mg/day on semen characteristics were evaluated in normal volunteers aged 18 to 52 (n = 27 dutasteride, n = 23 placebo) throughout 52 weeks of treatment and 24 weeks of post-treatment follow-up. At 52 weeks, the mean percent reduction from baseline in total sperm count, semen volume, and sperm motility were 23%, 26%, and 18%, respectively, in the dutasteride group when adjusted for changes from baseline in the placebo group.

I will repeat what I already told you, “Most of the panel members at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery October 18-22, 2006, which I attended in San Diego, did not approve of the use of dutasteride for treating MPB. They sited an additional finding that the sperm count in patients taking dutasteride were low (as low as 10%)and that the sperm count remained low even 6 months after discontinuing dutasteride.”

They both reduce serum level DHT, but the systemic reduction of DHT is not the same everywhere in the body for either drug, i.e. Propecia will lower the serum level of DHT by 60-80% and in the scalp DHT by only ~37%. The DHT reduction at the follicle is far less than the 60%-80% because the predominant enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT in the scalp is type 1, 5-alpha reductase, which is not affected by finasteride.

Dutasteride on the other hand is a dual 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor. A daily dose of 0.5 mg dutasteride will reduce the serum level of DHT by 90%-95%, but the DHT level in the scalp is reduced by only 54%.

hairlossguru said:
A Dr recently linked me to this study showing significantly reduced sperm counts in men taking dutasteride. This effect was not found in men taking finasteride. After reading this, im going to get a sperm test to make sure, and ill post the results next week.

If you access http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic4/avodart_ad.htm, you will read that “The effects of dutasteride 0.5 mg/day on semen characteristics were evaluated in normal volunteers aged 18 to 52 (n = 27 dutasteride, n = 23 placebo) throughout 52 weeks of treatment and 24 weeks of post-treatment follow-up. At 52 weeks, the mean percent reduction from baseline in total sperm count, semen volume, and sperm motility were 23%, 26%, and 18%, respectively, in the dutasteride group when adjusted for changes from baseline in the placebo group.

I will repeat what I already told you, “Most of the panel members at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery October 18-22, 2006, which I attended in San Diego, did not approve of the use of dutasteride for treating MPB. They sited an additional finding that the sperm count in patients taking dutasteride were low (as low as 10%)and that the sperm count remained low even 6 months after discontinuing dutasteride.”

They both reduce serum level DHT, but the systemic reduction of DHT is not the same everywhere in the body for either drug, i.e. Propecia will lower the serum level of DHT by 60-80% and in the scalp DHT by only ~37%. The DHT reduction at the follicle is far less than the 60%-80% because the predominant enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT in the scalp is type 1, 5-alpha reductase, which is not affected by finasteride.

Dutasteride on the other hand is a dual 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor. A daily dose of 0.5 mg dutasteride will reduce the serum level of DHT by 90%-95%, but the DHT level in the scalp is reduced by only 54%.

nothing new read my post when i was warning about dutasteride
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7046819#post7046819

there are also issues with brain

I wouldent take anything with a 4 month half life.

If that shit fucks you up you have a while before you are back to normal.

hairlossguru said:
What issues with the Brain???

As said before why all the major dermatologists do not prescribe it? and why they stop the trial as hairloss cure?

long term evaluation of this drug had yet to come, as had been the case with Propecia. Due to the fact it inhibits the 5AR-1 enzyme in addition to 5AR-2 (Propecia) long term safety is unknown. Its impressive results on hair growth were really evident at 2.5mg, five times the recommended dosage for prostate enlargement. At the standard dosage of 0.5mg the results were less impressive.

long term suppression of 5AR-1 is unknown. What is unknown is that the brain has a high concentration of this enzyme, what can happen if you shut it down longterm, no one knows yet. It may possible its absense may cause unknown neurological implications.

Don't be a guinea pig, play it safe, use Propecia :(

there is not absolutely reason why you need to use it when u have a safe and experimented drug available; use finasteride and my hairloss stack; so you will reduce the dht to 99% Topical + Fina:)

Top Bottom