Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drug test for health insurance?

bigrand

Heres the deal fellas.....

Spring of last year, i went to the doctor because of a severe anxiety problem (i didnt know what it was at the time) and i told him about my juicing. About a month ago, my health insurance through kaiser expired (turned 22) and i re applied. On the questionare they give you, i had to reply yes to two drug issues (one was about using perscription drug without perscription and the other was using an abusive drug, i just figured they would put them all in the same category at the time). I replies yes becasue i knew they were on my medical records.

I am appealing this becasue i feel its a dead issue, it has been done and overwith since last year, so i dont see how its still a problem. Im curious, after i write my appeals letter, do you think they would test me for AAS as part of my mandatory physical for acceptance?

Thanx

I doubt they will, but all the tests I have gone trough for insurrance (life, health, etc) have included a disclosure form. So, in each case, they fully disclosed the substances and diseases they were testing for before they ever took the blood. So, gives you a chance to back out before testing takes place.

What's up Slim !

Sorry if i am missing something here and just out of curiosity, why did you feel the need to disclose your gear use to your health insurance provider ?

I worked in the health insurance field a while back and don't recall hearing about testing for AAS. Moreover, there is so many OTC shiat that can influence testing values, unless you get area specific in the testing. However, things could have changed.

I do remember hearing it being an issue with Life Insurance though. not sure the specifics, but one must sign a waiver for the insurer to look into your history. This influenced the premiums being charged.

Still waiting for to stop in to say hello to the fellaz. let me know of you need the URL !

I thought it might have had something to do with my condition at the time i went in there? I dont know, in hindsight, it was fuckin stupid, but all i can do now is try to get around the insurance companies and their shit!
Thanx for the replies homies!

Bigrand, my last lifting partner is with Kaiser. He was having some health issues and told the doctors everything he was on. that was over a year ago and he is still with Kaiser. His bloodwork was a disaster, and there was not even a mention of cancelation.

Im guessing that you were on your parents policy and now you must go on your own. Did they decline coverage, is that why your speaking of an appeal?

Last edited:
if your employer requires you take an exam for health insurance, and bloodwork is required, it is HIGHLY unlikely your blood would be tested for steroid use.

there are a myriad of things your blood/urine could be tested for: i.e. HIV, cocaine, tobacco, marijuana. each test costs money.
there are not unlimited funds to run bloodwork for every test known to mankind.

the only thing that may raise a red flag is if your liver enzymes are tested. high liver enzymes can mean a LOT of things. this does not mean they would automatically know you are using AS.

being in the insurance biz, i do not see them testing liver enzymes for health insurance. (certainly they would for life insurance). i live in CA but this may differ in other states.

Last edited:
I dont know, in hindsight, it was fuckin stupid, but all i can do now is try to get around the insurance companies and their shit!

It was not stupid. I'm HR director (among other jobs) for my company, and we've had two guys that had their insurance dropped when they really needed it because they lied on the application. If something had happened and you needed an expensive procedure, the insurance company would have then put forth some effort to investigate you. If they had discovered the lie, you would have been screwed. It's bad that you admitted breaking the law to them, but getting stuck paying out of pocket for a $5,000 or much more(!) surgery would be worse. You did the safe thing. It's a gamble to lie on your application that you can lose and lose badly.

As far as the tests go, as far as I know, Blue Cross only tests for AIDS for our new employees. They used to check for diabetes, but now they don't even bother to do that. I do that myself, along with a few other tests, for new hires since I have the equipment.

Zoom,

I'm hearing what you are saying, but with prescription drugs are they looking more for the narcotics or is gear included in this ?

Moreover, as you know, there is a lot of fake gear going around. the gear issue, even though he admitted to using, can be argued.

Is Tren a prescription drug ?

i guess i would need to see how the question is worded to fully understand.

I am in Cali and am applying for Kaiser.

So it seems i dont really have anything to worry about......i have some goodies on hand and am ready to grow a little. I was just worried that if they accept my appeal while imjuicing, they might want to test me for juice.

Top Bottom