Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Donating blood.

psychedout

Does anyone know how long one should be clean before blood can safely be donated? I've heard it is about 9-12 months, but I thought I would double check what the verdict is.

I donated about two months after my last cycle to help get my RBC down and it was fine. As long as your test levels are within normal range, your blood should be fine for anyone to use.

I'd check with the Red Cross. You can anonymously call.

Several years ago I had a severe illness where I required many transfusions and without them I couldn't have made it so I thank all of you, very deeply, who have and will donate blood.

i dont think it matters really. they will take your blood even if your high. they clean the blood very well prior to giving to patients. i donate as much as i can. every 2-3 months i think. plus, if your on, you can get you chol. levels checked for free.

Hey you would be helping some guy out,

Goes in for surgery, come out with your blood,

All jacked up on test,

His wife will send you flowers

if you donate blood for the purpose of doing someone good then forget about it. They will just trash your blood as soon as it get tested. Its also a waste of money for the blood bank and if you donate it for someone they will not get credit for it (at least thats what I was told).

MorganKane said:
if you donate blood for the purpose of doing someone good then forget about it. They will just trash your blood as soon as it get tested. Its also a waste of money for the blood bank and if you donate it for someone they will not get credit for it (at least thats what I was told).

What exactly will they test it for? I would assume that after being clean for several monthst that there is no reason the blood would be tainted.

Top Bottom