Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Don't let your gear get taken from you!!!

badazzwhitedude

I'm sure everyone knows about how it is becoming a police state in this country. Now the police have been granted authority to arrest you for simple violations such as not wearing your seat belt! That is if they feel like arresting you.

What this could mean for us is thatthey will probably exercise their right for that if they want, and they will be able to search your car too if they just feel like it, where before they had to have probable cause. So, now, more than ever before, DO NOT CARRY GEAR ANYWHERE IN THE CAR! Even if it is well hidden, they just might search the car for no reason at all. Anyone else have take on this?

------------------
Got Needles?

Anywhere. The US Supreme Court just passed a law that an officer can arrest you for most any minor traffic violation, except for speeding. That is if they see fit. It was on the news that an officer arrested a woman who was with her kids. She wasn't wearing her seat belt.

------------------
Got Needles?

I'm familiar with the case, and it is a landmark one, but the supreme court doesn't pass laws. You know, that whole 3 part system our ENTIRE GOVERNMENT is based on.

BadAss, police can arrest you for speeding. If you are going twice the speed limit it is mandatory that they arrest you. I dont know about nationally, but it is that way in TX. All the other stuff has been true for a couple years in Texas. They wont arrest you just to arrest you. It is the same as it has been, but this time, they have more of an excuse for what they do. But they arent going to waste the time and paper work just because they want to arrest someone. I would say you wouldnt have to worry about the law man. Shouldnt change anything.

Originally posted by badazzwhitedude:
Anywhere. The US Supreme Court just passed a law that an officer can arrest you for most any minor traffic violation, except for speeding. That is if they see fit. It was on the news that an officer arrested a woman who was with her kids. She wasn't wearing her seat belt.

LOL You are a silly kid!
smile.gif

I meant to say the Supreme Court interpreted the law. I know it is just a court and they don't actually make laws. But I heard some people talking about it and I though they said that a new law was passed that had something to do with what I said above. But I was talking with someone else about it now and I was wrong. But it might cause a stir though. I just don't keep up with the news like I try and do with the gear.
smile.gif

------------------
Got Needles?

kinda off topic but in the past 20 years or so the 3 branch system has been failing in my view. The supreme court was given the right of judicial review to determine the constitutionality of laws, not to create them through the courts which is what has been happening lately, thats the job of congress.

it's not manditory to be placed under arrest if you are doing double the legal speed limit in texas... i had a buddy get a ticket for 115 in a 45 and he didnt go to jail...just a big ass ticket.

Top Bottom