Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does your metabolism slow down when you are sick?

|D_J^B_J|

I'm an ectomorph with a naturally fast metabolism so I have to work extremely hard to gain weight and I lose weight easily. I caught a nasty virus yesterday and symptoms have included a fever, diarrhoea and stomach aches.

As you can imagine, food has been the last thing on my mind, so I was wondering whether I could get away with eating less food while I am sick hopefully without losing any weight or if I should just accept that muscle loss will occur?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Your metabolism does not slow down when you are sick, but your energy expenditure decreases. Especially your 'NEAT' energy expenditure, which is things like cleaning the house, getting groceries, etc. Non-direct forms of exercise that burn calories.

If you are sick, focus on getting better. Any weight you are loosing is just going to be water. Focus on getting fluids in and eat easily digesting foods that are easy on you stomach like protein shakes, tuna, egg whites, oatmeal, rice, rice cakes etc.

Top Bottom