Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does the USA Have the Strictest Laws Regarding AAS?

gorillahung

Something I posted on a thread earlier made me wonder this question. I can't think of another country that's as harsh as the USA in terms of legal status of testosterone. The UK allows personal use quantities legally but distribution is illegal. The USA placed AAS on the schedule 3 list of controlled substances. This means that by the government's standards, illegal testosterone possession is more severe than illegal benzodiazepine possession. I remember when Congress passed the Anabolic Steroid Control Act back in 1991 if I remember properly (this was the first President Bush's biggest achievement), both the American Medical Association and the DEA both testified that anabolic steroids did not meet the controlled substance criteria and should not be made controlled substances. Despite this testimony, Congress ignored the medical community and law enforcement and placed them as schedule 3 controlled substances. For a frame of reference, everyone's favorite Oxycontin was initially a schedule 3 controlled substance but was later bumped up to a schedule 2 only after a few hundred thousand people had overdosed on it. I have yet to see a person overdose on testosterone (it's impossible, if you take too much at once, you simply have very expensive urine for a few weeks). Sorry, just my rant on America's drug laws that make no sense at all.

Things only got worse when a few members of Congress like Jim Bunning in KY and John McCain of AZ got upset that some damned negro named Bonds was hitting more homeruns than Ruth, Mantle, or Hank Aaron did! Sorry Congress, but it's up to Major League Baseball to police their sport. The reaction from baseball's league officials was priceless. They acted as if they were completely unaware that there were juiced up athletes playing in their league even though everyone secretly knew or at least strongly suspected the truth!

the US is a weird country.. of all the advanced countries we have a segment of the population that insists on pushing laws that tell you what you can do in your own bedroom.. we also are the only country that doesn't offer their own citizens health insurance

in reality no politician ever gained a damn thing being pro steroids. that is just how it is going to be. the only reason rec pot has been relaxed in recent years in the US is that people have rallied around it and passed amendments at the state level, and people like me who don't use pot realize that it is retarded to fill the jails with people who want to smoke some weed while the real criminals are stealing, robbing, raping etc

The US has some of the strictest laws in the world when it comes to steroids and performance enhancing drugs. You all make fun of your friends up north in Canada but our steroid laws are much less severe and steroids are actually legal for personal usage in Canada.

While our customs in Canada are more strict, the laws are not. The key is to not have too much that would merit intent to sell. If you have gear for personal use it is not illegal here.

Top Bottom