Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does UPS or FedEx X-ray packages??

Hustler_dt

anyone know if UPS or FedEx X-ray any packages that are being sent? just wondering what % of their packages they actually inspect.

The percentage of it happening is low, but it does happen. There was alot of it happening around the 1 year anny of 9/11 apparently. The safest way to use UPS is by "Ground". I doubt that any of those parcels get x-rayed ever since they never get put onto any of their planes. The only problem with that route is the astronomical amount of different hands you parcel has to go through in order to reach its' destination, and it can take up to 5 biz days, depending on your location in refference to the sender.

naturally anabolic said:
if it is domestically shipped they do not.

Not true bro. That's a blanket statement that is going to give this dude the wrong idea brother. They do do it. I know a guy who had a major domestic seizure this past 9/11 with UPS. However, it is rare that it happens.

bro, having worked for the company i can tell you that unless the package does leak, smoke or smell funny it is NEVER xrayed from point to point domestically. ;)

i know a certain guy that would beg to differ... i think it is fom the paranoia from 9/11

I currently work there, and I have never seen anything x-rayed, not even in our next day air/int'l processing area. If your shit got seized/inspected, what probably happened is that it broke open (this happens A LOT) or that it was leaking. All leacking package have to be opened and re-packed, and if you have illegal shit in there guess what--ur busted.

saint808 said:
i know a certain guy that would beg to differ... i think it is fom the paranoia from 9/11

That was apparently the case brother. Personally, I know of noone else with similar problems with UPS. They are usually quite reliable, and I actually like them better than the USPS, for the reason that they update their trackings online alot more frequently. You know exactly where that pacakge is and if there is any problems. As far as them not needing a search warrant to open packages...that is 100% TOTALLY irrelevant if a package is suspected of having drugs. These guys who say that the USPS is better than these other two Companies BECAUSE of this fact are kidding themselves imo. If a USPS Package is suspected of containing drugs, they will get a search warrent--NO PROBLEMS! The only difference in this case between the two is the amount of time and paperwork it takes before your goods get snagged. Search Warrents are quite easy to come by, and if one is needed, one will be got.

Top Bottom