Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does this still apply?

wesley90

Obviously if you dont EAT enough cals, your body is gonna break down muscle in order to get the nutrients needed for normal bodily functions...but what about exersizing those extra cals off...does your body still go into deprevation mode if you BURN it off instead of starve yourself?
Thanks.

yes. calorie deficient is calorie deficient. Doesn't matter if they were burned off or never there in the first place.

Im not arguing that...I am wondering if by keeping yourself out of starvation (500cals + BMR) would keep you from burning more muscle than if you did eating lets say at your BMR, but burning the same amount of cals...heh hard to explain...here is an example...

Assume BMR is 2000

High cal example with cardio:
2500 cals consumed
1000 cals burned in cardio

So the total amount burned just by cardio would put you in a 500 cal deficet not including other daily activities, which would proably put you over the 1000 cal mark.

Low cal example:
2000 cals consumed
500 cals burned during cardio

This would net the same amount of cals burned, but you are cutting off nutrients from your body and starving it.

What I am questioning is wehter or not you can eat well above your BMR, do a shit load of cardio, and not lose muscle because your body isnt starving...

Or...does doing cardio put you into starvation if it goes over a certain amount?

Heres an example for me...

I weight 240 lbs, 24% BF.
My BMR is 2,161
Total Daily Expendecture is 3,725

So if I kept my cals at 2600, and did lifting 4 days a week and 1000 cals a day of cardio, I would be in a total 16,549 calorie deficite. That is roughly 4 pounds a week to lose. Now, for cutting, 2600 cals is quite a bit I believe, but because I am eating that much I am saving my muscle.

wesley90 said:

My BMR is 2,161

So if I kept my cals at 2600, and did lifting 4 days a week and 1000 cals a day of cardio, I would be in a total 16,549 calorie deficite. That is roughly 4 pounds a week to lose. Now, for cutting, 2600 cals is quite a bit I believe, but because I am eating that much I am saving my muscle.

All i know is that you need to loose ~40 lbs. of fat

It's going to take your muscle last. Keep your protein intake up, use steroids, no worries.

wesley90 said:

My BMR is 2,161

1000 cal a day of cario?? are you saying like running on a treadmill ..and the machine says you burned 1000 calories... ?? I mean is that what you are going by... I will just run till it says i burned 1000 cal.??

roidpuple said:
1000 cal a day of cario?? are you saying like running on a treadmill ..and the machine says you burned 1000 calories... ?? I mean is that what you are going by... I will just run till it says i burned 1000 cal.??

Hehe a 1,000 calories on a tread mill is like running cross country.

Top Bottom